• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Micawber

IMG_20181117_114148655.jpg

Teddy

@Micawber That's certainly how we should wear the jackets! Did you get those grains from the rain? Mine certainly seems to have the potential but on some parts it's smooth and I can barely see the grain under.

jeremiah

That’s what I mean about the hides though. That wear looks good to my eye yet I have worn the snot out of my ELC monarch. Abused it and used it and nearly beat it like a well. You know the saying.

Yet despite all that the finish just won’t wear off around the edges and corners. That is some stout finish.
The grain is there and wrinkles though like on the above platon Dubow.

Micawber

@Micawber That's certainly how we should wear the jackets! Did you get those grains from the rain? Mine certainly seems to have the potential but on some parts it's smooth and I can barely see the grain under.

Yes, just from getting soaked more than once and very hard wear. The grain was there from the off, just quite so pronounced.

Micawber

That’s what I mean about the hides though. That wear looks good to my eye yet I have worn the snot out of my ELC monarch. Abused it and used it and nearly beat it like a well. You know the saying.

Yet despite all that the finish just won’t wear off around the edges and corners. That is some stout finish.
The grain is there and wrinkles though like on the above platon Dubow.

This one has been subject to abrasive mud and other stuff which stayed put while i worked until hosed off, akin to taking a scouring pad or wet and dry abrasive paper. I've got a high end jacket away at present which has been similarly abused and the finish has gone from the high spots and some edges on that too in similar fashion to some of my originals - not that I wore them jobbing about.

Greg Gale

It has got to be the monitor, because it doesn't look orange at all on mine. Looks really nice actually.

Technonut2112

Those pics will have to do me until hopefully on Monday now... It just HAS to drag it's self out at the tail-end of the journey... :rolleyes:

If mine is similar in grain to the outstanding example above, and the listed measurements for my size followed, all will be great in my Dubow world.... ;) :cool:

Micawber

Those pics will have to do me until hopefully on Monday now... It just HAS to drag it's self out at the tail-end of the journey... :rolleyes:

If mine is similar in grain to the outstanding example above, and the listed measurements for my size followed, all will be great in my Dubow world.... ;) :cool:

Oh dear, mail already been today I take it?

Back in the '60's when I started collecting as a kid with a bit of pocket money and generosity of family I would buy thing out of the militaria section in Exchange & Mart. Waiting for the most insignificant item to be delivered was torture, but the expectation quite enjoyable in a way.

...and yes that does sound weird!

Micawber

How sad to think that jacket might be a relative of hers;)

More than likely why she was not keen on it being on her back ;)

She's a Suffolk Punch, once a very common agricultural working horse around these parts but sadly on the rare breeds / endangered list now.