• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Technonut2112

@Technonut2112 did you get yours on Saturday like you thought you were going to?

Those pics will have to do me until hopefully on Monday now... It just HAS to drag it's self out at the tail-end of the journey... :rolleyes:

If mine is similar in grain to the outstanding example above, and the listed measurements for my size followed, all will be great in my Dubow world.... ;) :cool:

Today (Monday) should be the day! :) Unless of course the USPS decides otherwise.. ;)

EDIT: Yep! Tracking just confirmed delivery for today! :D

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 6:47 am on November 19, 2018

Last edited:

jeremiah

Hopefully your post office is better than mine was in Orlando. If I saw messages like that it meant delivery would be the next day as anything arriving that late in the morning would not make the already packed truck dispatched that day. :D

Technonut2112

I picture you pacing nervously in front of your door, shirt collar open, tie dangling, hair in a mess, taking long nervous drags on cigarettes... :p

Y1Nj_zps4vyg2lxt.gif

Hopefully your post office is better than mine was in Orlando. If I saw messages like that it meant delivery would be the next day as anything arriving that late in the morning would not make the already packed truck dispatched that day. :D

It's at my local PO in a small town of 5000 +/- .... I'll be receiving the 'out-for-delivery' email any time now. :) Even if not, the PO is within walking distance, and I could just pick it up directly.. ;)

imagesCAIIG7OK.jpg

mailman-jumped-15-feet-dog-was-right-this-is-tun-24069369.jpg

EDIT: I just received the 'magic' words: :D

USPS expects to deliver your package on Monday, November 19, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

More like 3:00 PM in my neighborhood.... ;):)

Last edited:

Technonut2112

@Technonut2112 did you get yours on Saturday like you thought you were going to?

I was thinking that yours would have arrived on Saturday for sure... As posted, mine was sent Registered Mail, and will require a signature for delivery. Has someone been at your home when the mailman comes? Sometimes it's easy to miss the Registered Mail notice mixed-in with other junk mail if left when no one is home. Wouldn't it be something if yours just wasn't scanned, and has been sitting in the PO for the past few days?

Technonut2112

Well the mail-'lady' arrived with my package.... (30-some, blonde, and hotter than a $2.00 pistol ;)) I must say that I'm VERY pleased. :D Bad news is that it's dark & overcast in my part of the world, and that my camera batteries conked-out after only using the flash once out of two pics (one of them dark). I WILL get some better ones, as well as fit pics hopefully tomorrow.

DAMN THIS JACKET IS NICE!!! I may not want to post fit pics because some here who ordered one may get jealous... :p:rolleyes: Seriously, and I'm being honest here, the jacket fits me just like I would have wanted, and expected from Good Wear or other high-end jacketeers who were provided my measurements.. NO SHIT! ;) :cool: I figured-out where the 'extra' size 44 came from.. I originally ordered a size 44, then after thinking about it, shifted gears to a 46. The other 44 must have gotten made and sent to Platon on top of my 46. So, the mysterious 44 sold on the bay would have been mine if not for that. ;)

The quality and construction is on-par with ANY of the top-shelf makers out there. I've owned most of the better known ones over the years, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on. The collar points not being 'pointy' enough for this Dubow contract was brought-up, but I think that mine looks like quite a few wartime, and other pics of surviving Dubows being sold, shown, etc. that I've seen. To my eyes, I would have no doubt that it was a Dubow by looking at it. The pocket flaps agreeably could be a bit more defined for this maker, but are passable IMO. Here's the 2 pics I was able to grab for now:

DSCF0633.JPG

DSCF0636.JPG

Last edited:

B-Man2

Techno
You weathered to storm of skepticism and negativity from several quarters and now you have your just reward!;)
Looks great !
Can’t wait to see fit pixs

Kennyz

Looks fabulous Technonut2112! Certainly worth the wait!

Ken

Well the mail-'lady' arrived with my package.... (30-some, blonde, and hotter than a $2.00 pistol ;)) I must say that I'm VERY pleased. :D Bad news is that it's dark & overcast in my part of the world, and that my camera batteries conked-out after only using the flash once out of two pics (one of them dark). I WILL get some better ones, as well as fit pics hopefully tomorrow.

DAMN THIS JACKET IS NICE!!! I may not want to post fit pics because some here who ordered one may get jealous... :p:rolleyes: Seriously, and I'm being honest here, the jacket fits me just like I would have wanted, and expected from Good Wear or other high-end jacketeer who were provided my measurements.. NO SHIT! ;) :cool: I figured-out where the 'extra' size 44 came from.. I originally ordered a size 44, then after thinking about it, shifted gears to a 46. The other 44 must have gotten made and sent to Platon on top of my 46. So, the mysterious 44 sold on the bay would have been mine if not for that. ;)

The quality and construction is on-par with ANY of the top-shelf makers out there. I've owned most of the better known ones over the years, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on. The collar points not being 'pointy' enough for this Dubow contract was brought-up, but I think that mine looks like quite a few wartime, and other pics of surviving Dubows being sold, shown, etc. that I've seen. To my eyes, I would have no doubt that it was a Dubow by looking at it. The pocket flaps agreeably could be a bit more defined for this maker, but are passable IMO. Here's the 2 pics I was able to grab for now:

View attachment 11745
View attachment 11746

Technonut2112

Techno
You weathered to storm of skepticism and negativity from several quarters and now you have your just reward!;)
Looks great !
Can’t wait to see fit pixs

Thanks! Just wait until the 'negative Nellies' get a load of more detailed pics, especially how it fits me. ;) I'll also do close-ups of the United Carr repro snaps, pocket tag, etc. The grain is just how I like in an 'authentic' looking A-2.... smooth areas in places, some grain here, and even more pronounced grain there.. :cool: The hide is going to need some break-in for certain, and will more than likely look spectacular after wearing it in the rain, doing chores, and more than likely sleeping in it occasionally. :p

I must say that my luck has been improving lately.. From this STEAL of a Dubow repro, to just a few days ago when out-of-character for myself, I purchased a scratch-off ticket for $2.00 just because I was standing in line at the grocery store, and said 'what the hell' after reading about someone who hit for a large amount elsewhere in the State. I usually ridicule my friends for buying them, and expected to promptly scratch & lose this time....

Imagine my shock and surprise when I saw a win for $2500.00 USD staring at me... :eek::confused::D:D I actually drove to an official lottery office 4 hours away to pick up the check. The guy there told me that there were only 5 of the $2500.00 tickets of that particular game in the State.. :) I was tempted to pick up a sweet military leather with most of it, but have to be responsible. ;) However, I did manage to find a deal for a VERY nice cloth one.. Something special without burning the whole amount on one. Folks should be seeing pics of me wearing it soon. I'll keep to myself exactly what type of jacket it is until then.. ;):)

B-Man2

Thanks! Just wait until the 'negative Nellies' get a load of more detailed pics, especially how it fits me. ;) I'll also do close-ups of the United Carr repro snaps, pocket tag, etc. The grain is just how I like in an 'authentic' looking A-2.... smooth areas in places, some grain here, and even more pronounced grain there.. :cool: The hide is going to need some break-in for certain, and will more than likely look spectacular after wearing it in the rain, doing chores, and more than likely sleeping in it occasionally. :p

I must say that my luck has been improving lately.. From this STEAL of a Dubow repro, to just a few days ago when out-of-character for myself, I purchased a scratch-off ticket for $2.00 just because I was standing in line at the grocery store, and said 'what the hell' after reading about someone who hit for a large amount elsewhere in the State. I usually ridicule my friends for buying them, and expected to promptly scratch & lose this time....

Imagine my shock and surprise when I saw a win for $2500.00 USD staring at me... :eek::confused::D:D I actually drove to an official lottery office 4 hours away to pick up the check. The guy there told me that there were only 5 of the $2500.00 tickets of that particular game in the State.. :) I was tempted to pick up a sweet military leather with most of it, but have to be responsible. ;) However, I did manage to find a deal for a VERY nice cloth one.. Something special without burning the whole amount on one. Folks should be seeing pics of me wearing it soon. I'll keep to myself exactly what type of jacket it is until then.. ;):)
The Hell with the damn jackets !!!
Let’s see that damn check!!:eek:

Technonut2112

The Hell with the damn jackets !!!
Let’s see that damn check!!:eek:

LOL! :) I was promptly directed to the bank in that town who deals with the State Lottery before they closed, and cashed that bad-boy! They wanted to take my picture at the lottery office, but I declined since I knew I would have relatives I didn't even know I had sniffing around for a loan if they found out somehow.. I haven't even told my immediate family anything, and probably won't.. :p Only my girlfriend knows, and only because she was at the store with me when my eyes bugged-out after scratching! I will have to pay the Federal & State taxman though.. I thought it would be deducted, but I received the entire amount.

Damn, my luck is on a roll.. In the past 10 minutes, I just sniped two eBay auctions for a couple of nice AAF 'sweetheart' pins for my collection at the prices I wanted to pay..:D