• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW TYPE B-3 REAL MCCOY MFG. CO.

OperationCoffee

It’s always amusing when sellers from Japan use “from Japan” (or whatever) in their item description in the column view, before you even click on it, and the item is always overpriced ( on eBay)

A BR B 2 in a size 36 for $1500? Sure, because everything from Japan is as endowed with magic as crystallized unicorn farts.

And then you’ll find the same jacket on yahoo Japan for 2/3rds that or less.

The Japanese sellers know the Americana game and shamelessly take advantage of it.

Shanghai-Mayne

In exchange, you gonna looks seven times better than David Schwimmer. :cool:

IMG_1055.jpeg

John Luder

OK, so this costumer thought to put the metal captain's bars on the tabs. Seems logical, but what happens when they flap around? When the chute harness is strapped on.
I know this has come up before, but have any of you done this, and what was the result? Has anyone simply cut them off?
And has anyone done a field mod and had a left hand-warmer pocket added? That'd be the second thing that I did. The first would be to lie to my wife about the cost.
Cheers,
One-eye, two-pockets.

leper-colony

OK, so this costumer thought to put the metal captain's bars on the tabs. Seems logical, but what happens when they flap around? When the chute harness is strapped on.
I know this has come up before, but have any of you done this, and what was the result? Has anyone simply cut them off?
And has anyone done a field mod and had a left hand-warmer pocket added? That'd be the second thing that I did. The first would be to lie to my wife about the cost.
Cheers,
One-eye, two-pockets.
That's why there was the printed on leather rank to sew on. Every once in a while you see metal on leather examples. Saw an A2 with the epaulettes cut into to nest the capt bars.

Edit: Or you see rank painted directly on.

Last edited:

John Luder

That's why there was the printed on leather rank to sew on. Every once in a while you see metal on leather examples. Saw an A2 with the epaulettes cut into to nest the capt bars.

Edit: Or you see rank painted directly on.
I've seen the embroidered leather in most officers' ranks, and the occasional painted leather patches. Both of which make sense.
The idea of nesting rank into the epaulettes is creative and bold, but chancy without a back-up supply of replacements.

John Luder

Gen. Patton on the phone. He heard someone's been rockin' his look...Harrrd!!!

View attachment 134275
If they didn't flap around during filming, it's likely because the costumer used toupee tape to tack it down. No regard for any damage that might have occurred to the leather on the shoulder, that's not their brief. That will be the headache of someone else in wardrobe, but these were repros, and would be thrown, higgledy-piggledy, back into the warehouse after filming.
I've been in lost of shows where toupee tape is used. All wardrobe people carry it in the bag of tricks. And it works, too.
Cheers