• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW TYPE B-3 REAL MCCOY MFG. CO.

Kermit3D

The GW flight jackets which were made by JC are more accurate and much better than Japanese RM, and only 1/3 price, na what do you say? I can only say that the boss of RM is too greedy
JC makes the best jackets, that's for sure (at least in my opinion). But I'm not sure that the quality (I'm talking about build quality) of RMC is really inferior to what GW offers. It's very difficult to compare. JC is a craftsman/artist/sorcerer who works alone, while RMC does large-scale mass production... But you have to admit that the Japanese have a real culture of "perfection" and when it comes to manufacturing quality, they're very good.
On the other hand, RMC (especially its recent productions) seems to be moving away from historical accuracy towards a luxury product like Chapal.
Once again, the target market is not the same as GW's.
I'm the first to say that RMC's prices are outrageous, but they're simply aimed at a different clientele, one that's more interested in luxury products of very high quality, available immediately, and that isn't looking for absolute historical accuracy.

OperationCoffee

JC makes the best jackets, that's for sure (at least in my opinion). But I'm not sure that the quality (I'm talking about build quality) of RMC is really inferior to what GW offers. It's very difficult to compare. JC is a craftsman/artist/sorcerer who works alone, while RMC does large-scale mass production... But you have to admit that the Japanese have a real culture of "perfection" and when it comes to manufacturing quality, they're very good.
On the other hand, RMC (especially its recent productions) seems to be moving away from historical accuracy towards a luxury product like Chapal.
Once again, the target market is not the same as GW's.
I'm the first to say that RMC's prices are outrageous, but they're simply aimed at a different clientele, one that's more interested in luxury products of very high quality, available immediately, and that isn't looking for absolute historical accuracy.
They’re “Barbie “ jackets

Pa12

I have a Highlander now with 250k miles. My mechanic says it will go twice that or more
Yep. That’s what I mean. Only vehicles that have never let me down. Never done more than oil, brakes and tires. So I stick with them. I don’t care about style, looks etc. I’ve got toys for that. But for a daily driver I want reliability.

Kermit3D

Yep. That’s what I mean. Only vehicles that have never let me down. Never done more than oil, brakes and tires. So I stick with them. I don’t care about style, looks etc. I’ve got toys for that. But for a daily driver I want reliability.
I have my own reliable Japanese toy that could potentially be used on a daily basis (yes, I'm talking about a car :oops:).

Chandler

I'll send you guys a list of the recalls on my '18 Honda -- not to mention the electrical problems with all of the modern extras that want to drain the battery.

And here I thought they were bulletproof. :confused:

Pa12

I'll send you guys a list of the recalls on my '18 Honda -- not to mention the electrical problems with all of the modern extras that want to drain the battery.

And here I thought they were bulletproof. :confused:
I’ve heard a lot of that about Honda. They must be outsourcing now;) I’ve had good luck with Toyota and Nissan. Though with Nissan it depends which model.

B-Man2

I guess I’d have to ask how much better could the quality be between a $4800 RMC B3 ……and a $1700 Good Wear B-3 if there was any at all . And if someone were to closely examine both jackets and by chance made a decision that the RMC jacket was just a bit better … would that “bit better “ be worth an additional $3100. ? ………..Let’s think about that for a second
Just asking the question .:oops:

Last edited:

Pa12

I guess I’d have to ask how much better could the quality be between a $4800 RMC B3 ……and a $1700 Good Wear B-3 if there was any at all . And if someone were to closely examine both jackets and by chance made a decision that the RMC jacket was just a bit better … would that “bit better “ be worth an additional $3100. ? ………..
I’m guessing bragging rights amongst consumers in that bracket is part of it. The more it costs the better.

leper-colony

I guess I’d have to ask how much better could the quality be between a $4800 RMC B3 ……and a $1700 Good Wear B-3 if there was any at all . And if someone were to closely examine both jackets and by chance made a decision that the RMC jacket was just a bit better … would that “bit better “ be worth an additional $3100. ? ………..Let’s think about that for a second
John's are made in USA.