• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New company?

TankBuster

Here's really all that needs to be said:

The main issues would be: the knits are completely wrong
The zipper is on the wrong side
The Alpaca lining is way to short. (I did know this one before I bought it though)
It's a pretty thin jacket compared to originals.
The biggest in my opinion is that the sleeves are 2" to wide at the bottom
measuring 8 inches across. The widest original I have is 6 inches. They appear
very blousy, and completely incorrect.
My mouton (at least on my jacket) is very very dark. It's almost black in appearance.
I have seen dark originals, but this is too dark in my opinion.
The jacket has a very modern cut, very long and wide in the body.
I'm sure others will be able to point out other issues they have.

I think it was a honest attempt at correctly reproducing the B-10 by Pikes Bros.
I applaud them for trying to tackle such a difficult jacket. With some tweaking, they
may very well be on the right track. But, for now, I think it's best to let the kinks
get worked out before purchasing.
It would be wise to spend the extra money and buy a ELC or Buzz.

ties70

still it would be great to see some pictures of you wearing the jacket...

possible?

thanks in advance.

ties

TankBuster

Hello David,
Yes, I'm going to keep it. I hope to have the arms tapered by a local tailor.
The price is pretty decent, and it is a comfortable jacket. I can wear this
one a little harder than the ELC, and not worry as much about it.
Maybe with a little work, it will look the part a little more! ;)

TankBuster

ties70 said:
still it would be great to see some pictures of you wearing the jacket...

possible?

thanks in advance.

ties

Maybe some pics of the jacket next to some originals and the ELC when I get a chance. Not sure about
wearing it though! :lol:

Peter Graham

These jackets are less expensive than ELC etc, but they are not cheap. Perhaps the maker would like to comment. I think he's a member here. Maker, I am not slagging you. Respect goes out to someone who will tackle a B-10. Just interested if you take these comments on board.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
These jackets are less expensive than ELC etc, but they are not cheap.
Yes, it would seem better looking out for a used Buzz instead, which wouldn't cost that much more.

ties70

TankBuster said:
I agree, but finding a nice used Buzz or ELC B-10 jacket
is no easy chore. At least in my size. 42/44

And if you think that is difficult then talk about my size 46 / 48...this rules out all Japanese makers and even AERO and ELC in 48 are too tight / short for me.

Therefore my high expectations re. the PIKE jacket. I can live with less authenticity as long as the quality is right...well, maybe next time....

Ties

zoomer

I have a size 46 Pike. I needed the extra sleeve length, and I don't mind the extra body length, so except for the superwide sleeves, the fit doesn't trouble me much. The shoulders square up okay, the collar latches, and there's room to layer under it.

The main problem for me is the very lightweight lining. I was hoping for this to be a bit warmer, perhaps a transition jacket between cloth and fleece lined. But even with a couple of layers underneath, a good wind chill wind cuts right through it. The first day I wore it was cold but calm. Imagine my letdown the next day, when it was windy and a bit colder. I felt like I'd left it at home.

I understand B-10 liner nap is usually about 1/2" deep. This one is 1/8" if that. It seems a very odd choice.

ties70

There are new pictures of the B-10 jacket on the Pike website.
I can't believe the jacket from last years pictures and this one are the same! While the old ones looked a lot like ELC, these new ones look...different...the whole jacket looks kinda cheap (Well, as we know from the first reviews: It is!).

http://www.pikebrothersshop.com/epages/ ... etailImage

Ties