• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New company?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dadgad said:
I've recently been in japan and tried both the Buzz's repro contracts, Toggs an RW, they fit differently by the way ...

I have the RW, was there much difference, like as much as one size?

Cobblers161

I tried both and the only difference I found was the cut of the Roughwear is trimmer. The Togs is a little 'forgiving' but not baggy or overly large by any stretch. Both in 42" fit fine. The Togs is roomier in the body but all other measurements, sleeves, length and shoulders are similar.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
I tried both and the only difference I found was the cut of the Roughwear is trimmer. The Togs is a little 'forgiving' but not baggy or overly large by any stretch. Both in 42" fit fine. The Togs is roomier in the body but all other measurements, sleeves, length and shoulders are similar.

Thanks, Steve ..... exactly what I needed to know. :)

Each contract they do is a little different in the fit, just as it should be.

dadgad

deeb7 said:
dadgad said:
I've recently been in japan and tried both the Buzz's repro contracts, Toggs an RW, they fit differently by the way ...

I have the RW, was there much difference, like as much as one size?

Toggs 42 fits perfect, for a RW I would go for a 44.

Cobblers161

I did that with the Eastman RW, problem was the body was too long along with the arms. Tried an ELC 42" and while again it's trimmer it fits me perfect at 185cm and cough.... cough... 85kg (13.5 stone).

All depends on the size of your girth I guess. ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks Dadgad ...

The BR Rough Wear fits me well in a size 40, so I would stay with that size for a Superior Togs as a little more room wouldn't hurt.

The Eastman Rough Wears are very similar in sizing to the Buzz, they are a little heavier, slightly longer, and about one inch wider in the shoulder.

ties70

Has anyone of the first buyers received their B-10, yet?

Would be nice to see some pictures and hear about the quality...

Ties

dadgad

1141332730Y9Fo6r.jpg

TankBuster

GREAT!!! :(
I'm still waiting for mine to get here 2 weeks after it was ordered.
If it's junk, it's going back!!!!!

better duck

dadgad said:
What can I say...it didn't fulfil my expectations...flown back to Germany the day after. A million miles away from ELC quality to say about one in my humble opinion.
Could you please be a little more specific? I mean: the thumbs down image conjures up the picture of an absolute no-no as far as this repro is concerned; is it that bad or is your judgement a little more argumented and subtle?

dadgad

better duck said:
dadgad said:
What can I say...it didn't fulfil my expectations...flown back to Germany the day after. A million miles away from ELC quality to say about one in my humble opinion.
Could you please be a little more specific? I mean: the thumbs down image conjures up the picture of an absolute no-no as far as this repro is concerned; is it that bad or is your judgement a little more argumented and subtle?

I've seen better products.
The thumbs down pictures is my opinion but that would not be necessarily the same for someone else.

havocpaul

Certainly alot more info is needed so others can at least form an opinion, a review with some substance would be a help.

TankBuster

I agree. Once I get mine, I'll try to do just that. I have had
a Buzz Roughwear, I still have my ELC Roughwear. I'll also
try and take into consideration the price difference. I hope I
will have mine any day now. It was sent out Nov. 20th.
The delivery time is a little slow considering the product was
in stock, and confirmed as so when I bought it.
I'm not looking for ELC or Buzz quality with mine, even a step
down from that would be fine with me considering the $200+
savings vs the ELC B-10.

dadgad

Peter Graham said:
dadgad said:
I've seen better products.
But have you seen better products for the price ?

The problem doesn't lies in the price but in the feeling I got from me the jacket once out of the bag, cheap materials, the color a strange fit, very light weight...whatelse?

I gave away to my brother a Goodwear no-name A2 for different reasons, he loves it as the most of GW owners do when it pretty let me down, talked about that wit J.C..
The Goodwear has an original Talon that is worth nearly as much as the Pike Brothers B-10 at least but that's not the point.

I'm sure many collectors will enjoy Pike Brothers B-10s and props to the company for their efforts.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
TankBuster said:
I hope I will have mine any day now. It was sent out Nov. 20th.

So any news yet, Jeff?

Zoomer tells the Hat Forum that he's now a new owner, but appears to be less than thrilled. :)

Clark J

Well I got mine and so did Jeff.Not a very good jacket..knits are real thin,zipper is on the wrong side,mouton is thin and I'am not sure it's real as it's implied on the web site and the worst part is the BIG blousy sleeve ends that need to be tapered about 2 inches.I don't have an original to compare it to but I think the pockets are way to big.Jeff can maybe finish this review since he has both gennies and repos..so I yield to Mr.Kline.