• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New company?

TankBuster

That B-10 doesn't look too bad, and the price is cheap. $254!!
May make a nice jacket that you can beat on, and not feel
bad about!

Burnsie

So first to get this B-10 writes a detailed review here OK? I'm officially not thinking at the moment how much I paid for my Buzz B-10 less than a year ago....

ties70

I think I am gonna call them tomorrow...I would really like to know who makes their B-10. My first guess was Doursoux but the pictures of the Pike Bros. jacket look much better than the French one...

Ties

MikeyB-17

The B-10 doesn't look half bad for the price. Only thing that slightly bothers me is the alpaca-looks similar to the alpaca Aero used to use on their prototype B-10's-not really 'furry', more like a sort of tweed. Woven from alpaca, but not in the correct way. It's hard to tell from the pic though.

Stony

This B-10 is rather nice looking except the lining which is more like a M-41 field jacket. Also check out the Navy version of the B-10 and the A-3 mechanics cap.

tgd31968

TankBuster said:
bad about!
Lets break down that thought. I know it is all relative, but if you consider a $254 jacket a "beater" I salute you. My first car cost $500, and it WAS a beater.

Of course, I have about $850 worth of watches, and if anyone had told me I would someday have that much in watches, I would have said they were crazy.

I am not hurting, but when I consider what I have tied up in 2 jackets, my A-2 and my B-3, it still takes my breath away.

ties70

Hi,

I just got a short reply from the owner of Pike Bros re. his B-10 jacket.

What I wanted to know was:

- Who is actually the manufacturer?
- Details about the alpaca
- Details about pattern and fit

The jackets are made exclusively for Pike. There is none of the other European makers (ELC, AERO or Doursoux) involved. Pike has own sources for the raw material, respectively gets some of the parts made exclusively.

The alpaca is real but it is indeed short. The guy wrote that this is the result of the weaving process....

The pattern of the jacket was taken from an original B-10 (though he did not write which maker). Nevertheless, there are alterations in the sleeve and torso length by additional 2cm. Pike considers the cut and fit to be "Original - Long". Full measurements should be available on the website as soon as the jackets arrive at Pike's.

Regards

Ties

TankBuster

tgd31968 said:
TankBuster said:
bad about!
Lets break down that thought. I know it is all relative, but if you consider a $254 jacket a "beater" I salute you. My first car cost $500, and it WAS a beater.

Of course, I have about $850 worth of watches, and if anyone had told me I would someday have that much in watches, I would have said they were crazy.

I am not hurting, but when I consider what I have tied up in 2 jackets, my A-2 and my B-3, it still takes my breath away.

I know what you mean in a way. I am just used to years of paying big money for repro jackets. Look at it this way, a Buzz B-10 would
run you $475. A ELC B-10 would run you $650. I believe the Real
McCoy Stagg is up around the price of the ELC.
So for $250, this is by FAR the cheapest B-10 repro right now, thus the beater comment. I wouldn't be afraid to abuse a $250 jacket vs. a $500+ one.

Cobblers161

I like the price, the price i like a lot. As mentioned above you can treat it rougher than an ELC and not lose sleep over stain removal. However, the collar doesn't look right to me, it looks like it should be on a B-15, just too big. Plus if the body is lengthened then that makes it a non-starter for me. It's not bad but it's not right. If it was 25 to 30% cheaper then maybe.

JimmyD51

I've been looking for a good, not perfect, B10 for a few months. This seems perfect, but I'm a little put
off by the methods of payment. Has anyone ever heard of transfering funds to "Anybank, account number
123 456 789"? They also list PayPal but I was unable to shop or pay this way. I also made it all the way to
"Finalise order" without being asked what size I wanted. ??? How could you ask for me to transfer my money
and not even know what size I am? I'm not saying they aren't legit, but they need to be a little bit more
customer friendly. I'm willing to pay, but how do I do it? several e-mails have so far gone un-answered. i
really like this jacket, but please don't make it impossible to get. Just my 2 cents.....

Jim

zoomer

Cobblers161 said:
Plus if the body is lengthened then that makes it a non-starter for me.
Yes. A traditional part of the B-10 look is that the body is shorter than usual. Short enough that your belt buckle (and possibly a thin sliver of your shirt front) would be out in the cold if you wore it with conventional jean attire. Short enough that if it were an A-2, you'd ask for your money back!

JimmyD51

Johnny, I just got a reply back from Fabian, and he explained exactly what you suggested. He said the check-out
was not working correctly and should have it fixed today. He also said he was at a show in England and ordered
the B10 jackets. Said they should be here at the end of the week. That's great news. I realize new sites have a
few bugs that have to be worked out, I guess I just panicked. No worries, got it ordered now. Jim

ties70

Hi,

I got some additional info from Pike's yesterday:

- New pictures and full measurements should be available soon.
- The special price of 199 € will be up till end of December, from then on it's 229 €.
- The copied original B-10 that Pike Bros took the pattern from was made by RoughWear

Ties

TankBuster

I just ordered one of the B-10 jackets today. I'll try to get
a review up once I get it. I normally take a size 42 in ELC.
According to their measurement chart, I went with the size 44.
I may not mind the shorter alpaca lining. From the outside, I think they look very good. It ran me $302 including shipping to the states.

dadgad

Just placed an order for a B10 size 44, I am a neat 42 but I decided for 44 according to their chart.

I've recently been in japan and tried both the Buzz's repro contracts, Toggs an RW, they fit differently by the way, not really my cup of tea as jacket and I can't justifiy $450$ for such cloth garment...at half that price my vision of things changes nevertheless.