• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aeronautical from Aero - in Petrol Blue hide

ButteMT61

unclegrumpy said:
Boy, I am getting lost. I am not cool enough for the FL, so I have no idea what goes on there.

As far as this discussion, I see Vcruiser's point, and some of the others as well. Personally, I have only owned one Aero, and it was a very nice jacket. I've seen many others over the years, and feel they are still the top dog in the Civilian market. In my mind, there are better options for military jackets, and probably some equally good choices in other makers Civilian jackets, but I just don't see how an Aero can be considered a bad choice or the Company anything but the established market leader with 30 or 40 years behind them

As far as BK bashing, I may be guilty of that on occasion. However, I have only seen one of his early A-2 jackets on a warm body, and it was a work in progress. Everything else has just been pictures and more pictures, and I am getting a bit worn down from all the hype. I also still think encroaching on the Aero name is needless and rude.

Good post, 'cept for the "not cool enough" bit.
TFL is no less dorky than this joint. Each has it's share of good and not.

As for BK, since when is wanting more go than show bashing? (Not directed at you).
We've seen lots of smoke and mirrors, and only lately some jackets trickling in. Some are still waiting (JeffM). You can't promise the universe, lay smack down on competitors, and not be held to the fire. Not with my wallet.

The place is lively, but lets not kid ourselves that it's somehow better than TFL or it's membership.

As for Ian, I think the implication was that he was jabbing the new fella as possibly being something more than just a new guy. Could be, but why not sit back until/if they do something wrong before digging? Had they come in elated with ELC or BK or GW, I doubt there'd be the suspicion.

Anyhoo. Que sera. It's all entertaining and at times, educational.

Jeff M

ButteMT61 said:
Good post, 'cept for the "not cool enough" bit.
TFL is no less dorky than this joint. Each has it's share of good and not.

Funny, I always thought of this place as "the exclusive" place and TFL as the hang out of the "hoi palloi".
Guess I'm covered either way. Member of both!!

(Though I'm still waiting for somebody here to teach me the secret handshake.)

Smithy

To be honest, I don't understand all this religious fervour crap regarding any particular maker. I like jackets depending on the jacket itself not specifically on what label the thing has sewn inside.

I can't understand how crusading some get about particular makers and how apoplectic they seem to get about their competitors. Might just be me but I think it's all a bunch of arse. I like jackets but I've got more important things in the big wide world to get worked up, or worried, about.

unclegrumpy

ButteMT61 said:
The place is lively, but lets not kid ourselves that it's somehow better than TFL or it's membership.
I am getting lost again. :shock:

I was always under the impression that TFL was where the cooler hipper dudes hung out....not here***!

*** Excluding, of course, those of you who cross over.....

SuinBruin

TFL has a curious combination of heavy-handed (and biased) moderating, newbyness, and partisanship. (It also has majormajor, which is deleterious to any self-respecting internet forum.)

I prefer a place where people can air their honest opinions and disagreements. For the most part VLJ is self-policing, and if you hang around long enough you'll figure out where everyone is coming from.

bseal

Majormajor is a member here under another avatar--uncontrovertible fact.

I like his blue jacket and his brown one. Go Aero!

Rutger

......... :eek: ...................................................... :lol:
Well, I like the entertainment level. Amazing what a simple unbiased question reveals.

Andrew

bseal said:

He's probably one of the Usual Suspects. :cool:

Wrt the blue thing, I don't get it at all, the dimly lit Japanese A-1 Platon posted is miles in front of this. It had subtlety and style. To me this one looks like one step up from a vinyl mall jacket.

Jeff M

Andrew said:
bseal said:

... the dimly lit Japanese A-1 Platon posted is miles in front of this. It had subtlety and style....

I really like that blue A1 from "The Few" also. Too expensive and I suspect not correct size for me.

bseal

Jeff M said:
Andrew said:
bseal said:

... the dimly lit Japanese A-1 Platon posted is miles in front of this. It had subtlety and style....

I really like that blue A1 from "The Few" also. Too expensive and I suspect not correct size for me.

Yes, you can thank me later.
http://bit.ly/1bEKCy0

ButteMT61

Andrew said:
bseal said:

Wrt the blue thing, I don't get it at all, the dimly lit Japanese A-1 Platon posted is miles in front of this. It had subtlety and style. To me this one looks like one step up from a vinyl mall jacket.

That A-1 was what seemed to start the whole "blue" thing. It's a killer jacket, and I think the makers are all scrambling to replicate it for less money and in more big-boy sizes. But it's a tough act to follow, as you can see.
That jacket for a good price and in larger sizes will sell. I'd certainly get one, so I'm waiting on BK and Aero to see what comes of it. I think BK with the Eye-talian hides has a better change from what I see so far, but that's to be seen in the flesh...

unclegrumpy

John Lever said:
As the saying goes 'If I can afford it then it's not good enough'
Yes John, but all the while your sub conscience is screaming....

FluffySheep_inline.jpg