• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aeronautical from Aero - in Petrol Blue hide

Dr H

Andreart said:
too small and short. meh is right.. :lol:

You interpreted my singular lack of enthusiasm correctly (one Meh is worth a1000 :roll: ).
Aside from the fit which is a personal thing, I'm not sold on the blue, the thickness/drape of the steer, nor the pattern (that lower edge at the centre doesn't appeal to me).

Not a biggie, but if Aero (the company) has really named this Aeronautical (rather than the wearer) then I for one would be disappointed.

What next? Cropdusty? Highwaymanly?
It's not even a noun... :roll:

Vcruiser

Another 1 1/2 in sleeve and body length would be my choice. Good muted blue color. I think I like the simple features on this jacket compared to others of this style. Well done.
Van

soshe

Here's a comparison between the Aeromarine and the Aeronautical.

6o04.jpg

Vcruiser

Thanks soshe.
I prefer the Aeronatical style. Not sure about the blue..although this is best in that color IMO. The slant pockets would be more useful for me...plus it is another variation rather than a clone of what others are making. The olive stitching is also nice.
Van

Vcruiser

Dr H said:
Welcome to the Forum Soshe, is this your first visit?

You know..your continuing disdain for Aero wears thin. You have enticed a few others here to also join in your bitter mantra not only of Aero..but also the fedora lounge. Why would any FL member/Aero fan dare post here under their FL handle for long? Instead of making this forum welcoming..you and a select few others enjoy snide remarks about Aero and FL at any opportunity. I am very surprised that Bill..and especially Chris continues to put up with it. I'm not a newbie..and could care less about your scornful attitude of unworthiness toward my favorites..but your bullying makes this forum undesirable for some/many to post in without being chastised. You're doing worse here than what you claim is your dislike of those on the FL. What gets me..is that not one moderator will say anything about it.
Van

stevetfire

Vcruiser said:
Dr H said:
Welcome to the Forum Soshe, is this your first visit?

You know..your continuing disdain for Aero wears thin. You have enticed a few others here to also join in your bitter mantra not only of Aero..but also the fedora lounge. Why would any FL member/Aero fan dare post here under their FL handle for long? Instead of making this forum welcoming..you and a select few others enjoy snide remarks about Aero and FL at any opportunity. I am very surprised that Bill..and especially Chris continues to put up with it. I'm not a newbie..and could care less about your scornful attitude of unworthiness toward my favorites..but your bullying makes this forum undesirable for some/many to post in without being chastised. You're doing worse here than what you claim is your dislike of those on the FL. What gets me..is that not one moderator will say anything about it.
Van
Van are you havin a laugh . :( ..I read most threads here daily and as far as I can see its not DrH doing the bullying , .....the mods arn't saying anything because there's nothing to say.....so is there any chance we can cut this crap out, it's bad enough having to put up with the undeserved Kelso bashing , and it's just as well I don't have any soddin favourites

ButteMT61

Examples please?

You know, guys like you waiting a year while new jackets magically appear! Quitcher bitchin'! :roll:

This place gets a pretty low participation level in comparison to TFL. Granted, it's about a smaller subset of interest, but the BS certainly has many keeping a distance.

Some of it is outright hatred for Aero, some just the "hooray for anything not Aero" here. One's more like a hammer, the other laughable. Just what is it that rubs the Aero-bashers the wrong way? Happy customers?
I've seen some here doing the same thing for other makers - gimme a break!

Both places have their "flavor" which is good, but the constant us v them is off-putting. Seems some of the establishment like having a small club where they can snicker at the lesser folks and their jackets.

bseal

As the ad hoc moderator here, and I do have many favorites, Aero/BK/ELC/US Authentic & Lost World haters are always welcome here.

P.S. if you are a GW hater and have a size 46, please PM me.

Falcon_52

Steve just took the words right out of my head. How did Ian's question prompt that response? I do not know him personally but from his posts appears to be a good fellow. I know about his bad experience on TFL but can we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Noel

Jeff M

ButteMT61 said:
You know, guys like you waiting a year while new jackets magically appear! Quitcher bitchin'! :roll:

Sorry.
I'll go climb back in my hole now. :( ;)

(I feel like Donny in the Big Lebowski.)

ButteMT61

bseal said:
As the ad hoc moderator here, and I do have many favorites, Aero/BK/ELC/US Authentic & Lost World haters are always welcome here.

P.S. if you are a GW hater and have a size 46, please PM me.

:lol:

ButteMT61

Jeff M said:
ButteMT61 said:

Sorry.
I'll go climb back in my hole now. :( ;)

(I feel like Donny in the Big Lebowski.)

Did you miss my thinly veiled sarcasm??? Hope not!

unclegrumpy

Boy, I am getting lost. I am not cool enough for the FL, so I have no idea what goes on there.

As far as this discussion, I see Vcruiser's point, and some of the others as well. Personally, I have only owned one Aero, and it was a very nice jacket. I've seen many others over the years, and feel they are still the top dog in the Civilian market. In my mind, there are better options for military jackets, and probably some equally good choices in other makers Civilian jackets, but I just don't see how an Aero can be considered a bad choice or the Company anything but the established market leader with 30 or 40 years behind them

As far as BK bashing, I may be guilty of that on occasion. However, I have only seen one of his early A-2 jackets on a warm body, and it was a work in progress. Everything else has just been pictures and more pictures, and I am getting a bit worn down from all the hype. I also still think encroaching on the Aero name is needless and rude.