• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aeronautical from Aero - in Petrol Blue hide

soshe

Spotted this on another site. Looks cool to me

djxn.jpg

Here's what they had to say:

Here is my latest Aero jacket. This is the result of conversations that took place over the last couple of months, both on Fedora Lounge and with Ken Calder of Aero. Both the handwarmer pockets, and the Petrol Blue colour were features that I could see working really well on this design. And thanks to the great input from Ken and Denny at Aero, the jacket is now a reality.
The hide is steer, and was sourced specifically for this jacket from within the UK. It is not the same as the stuff shown by Insurrection/Thurston in the US. We did look at the Badalassi hides from Italy – these could all be used (they are all relatively easy to get, despite what some folks will tell you), but, based on the samples we have, they are VERY shiny, which, for me, would not be a look I would want on this kind of jacket.
We envisioned this new jacket is just the sort of jacket you might have had made as a "private purchase" if you were a high ranking officer signed up to the USN or "Bureau of Aeronautics" during the late 20s early 30s, or the sort of jacket Onasis might have strutted around the deck of one of his tankers, back in ther day.
Not only that, but the shade of leather is a “nautical” blue. So therefore the name of this Jacket is Aeronautical. Very apt, I think. I’ll be doing my usual “conditioning” to this over the next few days and weeks, so “worn in” pics to follow.

Here's where I saw it:

http://www.classicleatheranddenim.com

Jeff M

Very very nice.

My impression isn't that Badallasi leather is hard to get..just that it's hard for some of the smaller manufacturers to get enough orders of a specific color together to have the funds to place an order for it.

I must say I am kind of disappointed Aero didn't call it the "Kelsonautical". :eek: :lol:

Vcruiser

Really not a bad color of blue.
Hmm..Isn't some other jacket company recently using a quite similar name for their production jacket. Aw Oh :?

ButteMT61

It looks nice. The blue stuff is nigh impossible to photograph well.
This shall be interesting - the jacket looks very nice, albeit one I can't seem to wear. Nice to see some new designs and colors (and names) popping up.

Popcorn on deck :lol:

Andreart

ButteMT61 said:
This shall be interesting - the jacket looks very nice, albeit one I can't seem to wear. Nice to see some new designs and colors (and names) popping up.

looks like major@sshole is on that other site, that enough for me...

bretron

Andreart said:
ButteMT61 said:

For reallz... Ironically he was bitching like crazy about the inauthenticity of zippers on these style of jackets. Oh well, nice design.

Andreart

bretron said:
Andreart said:
ButteMT61 said:

For reallz... Ironically he was bitching like crazy about the inauthenticity of zippers on these style of jackets. Oh well, nice design.

the putz is a frustrated fashion designer wannabe. sad actually.

bseal

On a side note, I like it when the major manufacturers outdo one another to get our attention.

ButteMT61

bseal said:
On a side note, I like it when the major manufacturers outdo one another to get our attention.

If they only knew of the entertainment value rubes like me get from it :lol: