• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Micawber

I don't recall about the zipper... mmm
I do recall John mentioning about using vaseline though. Does anyone else use it I wonder?
Would vaseline do a leather jacket any damage, in any way? I know that may come across as ignorant after being on this forum for so long... Ive never treated any jacket, except an ELC a decade ago with their hide food, which was not ideal...

Some use Vaseline sparingly as a leather treatment while others don't like the idea of using petroleum products. Just keep it off the zipper tape and lining.

mulceber

Yep, I use Vaseline for my originals. Vic was the person who suggested it to me. As advised above, be very sparing. That said, I would advise being sparing with ANY leather treatment. My take is that any treatment I use should be fully absorbed in a matter of hours. Once you get into a day or two, you run the risk of dust being attracted to the grease, and that’s a good way to let bacteria into the leather.

Last edited:

bseal

1DBD2C99-2585-4E30-954D-C9CBE2DFD821.jpeg
2D31D629-C770-46FD-941C-EB866E86390B.jpeg
Just to be clear, the Knopf
68E96FD4-9304-414D-967E-697B19625E8F.jpeg
is indeed a Combat Clone and looked like an original when brand new.

Last edited:

Brettafett

At the risk of Tims wrath for naming more than one (and these may very well change) ... ;)
1. Bronco - Seal
2. RW 1401 russet (Jimmy Stewart's jacket is iconic. Had a GW but didn't fit great. Try gain?)
3. Monarch russet (had one, loved it, too big... Try again?)
4. Dubow 23379 russet (Dubows work well for me)