• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

mulceber

Well I'm currently waiting on one of these beauties. No idea when John will get around to it, but glancing at the mercury, I'd say it can wait:
F8C45AB9-FF59-48AB-B8AE-30AF31B9A6EA_1_105_c.jpeg

Mr. Mike

Well I'm currently waiting on one of these beauties. No idea when John will get around to it, but glancing at the mercury, I'd say it can wait:
View attachment 112615
Hey, that is mine before John slightly darkened the cuffs a bit :). I could not be more supportive with your choice Jan! You will love it and hardly can await winter to drop in once you received yours from John :cool:

I am still in the loop for receiving my M-422A from him - will let you know immediately once it arrives for sure ;)

Sideslip

Hey, that is mine before John slightly darkened the cuffs a bit :). I could not be more supportive with your choice Jan! You will love it and hardly can await winter to drop in once you received yours from John :cool:

I am still in the loop for receiving my M-422A from him - will let you know immediately once it arrives for sure ;)
You will definitely and I mean really very much (as my younger son would say) be super happy with one of John’s m422a.

Brettafett

Yes, thats one of the jackets that had an impression.
Im particularly tickled by the Monarch M-422

I think its going to be a tussle when my numbers up.

Personally, I think a repro M-422 or M-422A is a good call.
John makes a super G-1, but original G-1s in decent wearable condition can still be found and renovated for a lot less $£.
Especially if you are patient... and/or lucky

Sideslip

Yes, thats one of the jackets that had an impression.
Im particularly tickled by the Monarch M-422

I think its going to be a tussle when my numbers up.

Personally, I think a repro M-422 or M-422A is a good call.
John makes a super G-1, but original G-1s in decent wearable condition can still be found and renovated for a lot less $£.
Especially if you are patient... and/or lucky
Just realised that I typed Werber but I meant that I have a Monarch m422. Werber in mind because of the 1933 Werber and brain was clearly not fully engaged!

mulceber

You won't regret one of John's Navy jackets. Love the Switlik I got from him!

Sideslip

Maybe... G&F AN-J-3A or a Monarch m422 (but the Monarch is only because of a slight fit aspect on mine (which was off the sales page)). That 33-1729 Werber is such a work of art though...

I am catching up with a high school buddy in July just got out of the Navy last year. He was in Growlers (EA-18's). I will need to talk to him about jackets a little, but hearing about his (really cool/challenging) experiences tends to take precedence. Still, he is a good source of knowledge of current USN flight gear!

Aeroga

It's been a while since I posted here as life just got (really) busy. As luck may have it I was able to speak with John today - there was so much to catch up on and the chat lasted for 2 hours! It was so good to hear his voice as always and happy to report that he's as passionate about military jacket making as you could ever imagine. Again I have learned so much from him and just love his energy, what an incredible guy!

Nickb123

It's been a while since I posted here as life just got (really) busy. As luck may have it I was able to speak with John today - there was so much to catch up on and the chat lasted for 2 hours! It was so good to hear his voice as always and happy to report that he's as passionate about military jacket making as you could ever imagine. Again I have learned so much from him and just love his energy, what an incredible guy!
He really is. Class act that one. If I’ve become a GW fan boy my answer to that is “it’s well justified.”