• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meet My Little Friend Arlo - Headwind Mfg Co's Aero 18775 Reproduction

Skyhawk

Jay, the lining is thinner in feel than mil-spec lining, and seems to have a slightly less pronounced weave, I do have to say.

All things considered, I’m enjoying mine so far.

ETA: just did a quick check against a GW. The lining on the Headwind is not as taught, perhaps making it feel thinner.

Not complaining for the $350 vs. $800+. Haven’t tried a Platon Dubow yet but IMO the Headwind has the cut dialed in well, while the hardware (as expected) is less fancy.

Knits on the Headwind seem to be robust; and tight.
That's a great assessment Nick. The material when compared to an original I have here is a bit less tight in the weave. The material has a slightly softer feel, not exact but pretty close, especially considering the price of the jacket. The hooks are exactly the same ones used by some of the top tier companies, same with the knits. Labels are a huge leap forward compared to other bargain jackets.

Last edited:

Skyhawk

The Arlo's are back in stock! I am posting the links on the site today. You can PM me if you want one in the meantime and I can send an invoice.
They are also on eBay but the price is higher to cover the higher fees. Plus they charge sales tax and we don't change sales tax on the website, so it's a lot better deal to buy direct.

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

We now just have 1x size 42 left. Restock will be in the end of December to the first part of January. We are tanning the hides along with the hides for the Bronco.
Arlo Size Chart 42.jpg

MaydayWei

I’ve resolved to let people be happy with what they buy, and I will endeavor to seek out the jackets that check the boxes on my own personal list of requirements and expectations. My expectations remain high, and I’ve learned to lower them for others. Not just in vintage leather jacket circles, the same rules apply with food and drink, cars, etc. I have friends who will drink cheap liquor and eat junk food, and I just can’t change their minds. Let them be happy with what makes them happy.
As always, your mileage may vary. Miles per gallon efficiency may lose out to smiles per gallon joyrides. The world continues to spin (or maybe that’s just my head trying to take in social media after a hiatus?)
^ Well said. Do what you want; let others do the same. Easy.

Skyhawk

Here's a closer look at the size 42 in stock. It's ready to ship and will arrive before Christmas!
Measurements:
Chest: 23"
Shoulders:18"
Arms: 25.5"
Length: 25.5"

We are pushing the limits of what can be done on a budget A-2 and raising the bar.

Solid stitching - 8 stitches per inch
IMG_20231213_100517653_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231213_095846486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231213_100311003_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231213_100003538.jpg

IMG_20231213_100107127.jpg

IMG_20231213_100030385_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231213_095937925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231213_100737919.jpg

IMG_20231213_100545204.jpg

IMG_20231213_100748516.jpg

MauldinFan

I’ve resolved to let people be happy with what they buy, and I will endeavor to seek out the jackets that check the boxes on my own personal list of requirements and expectations. My expectations remain high, and I’ve learned to lower them for others. Not just in vintage leather jacket circles, the same rules apply with food and drink, cars, etc. I have friends who will drink cheap liquor and eat junk food, and I just can’t change their minds. Let them be happy with what makes them happy.
As always, your mileage may vary. Miles per gallon efficiency may lose out to smiles per gallon joyrides. The world continues to spin (or maybe that’s just my head trying to take in social media after a hiatus?)
Wow, that was quite condescending.
How big of you to "let" people be happy with things you personally have judged to be beneath your personal tastes.
That's the kind of post I've heard from a couple of people as examples of why they don't come here.

Chandler

Wow, that was quite condescending.
How big of you to "let" people be happy with things you personally have judged to be beneath your personal tastes.
That's the kind of post I've heard from a couple of people as examples of why they don't come here.
Why did you edit out his first few paragraphs that set up his feelings and opinion?

Skyhawk

All we need is someone to loan me a Cable and we're off to the races. I had one possible donor but that fell through. Coming up though, Goat Bronco, Goat Perry, Goat Dubow. I have those jackets already. We are working on a Russet Goat we are replicating off a Bronco original.