• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meet My Little Friend Arlo - Headwind Mfg Co's Aero 18775 Reproduction

Skyhawk

Hey guys, We have been working on a new line of economical A-2 jackets. These will be a part of our new section on the website named "The Supply Depot". This section will have in stock reproduction jackets for sale that will be immediately shipped when ordered. No production time, no wait. The first jacket in the series is a repro of Aero's 18775 contract. The Aero name is copyright protected by our good friend Ken @ Aero Leather. The name Arlo was chosen for a stand in and was a Sir name found on the east coast during WWII. It was also a popular first name for a time during that period. This jacket was patterned directly off an original, and built side by side with it to hit all the characteristics and details. You will see the signature unmarked anodized large ring snaps, uncovered on the liner. Exact reproduction of all top stitching, excellent reproduction of the label. We went the extra mile and attached the label like the original with the stitching coming down off the neck line, and going back up. All reinforcements were copied. We did all we could for a 100% reproduction of this unique contract. We used our reproduction 100% wool Red Brick knits, and of course the 100% cotton Mustard color liner. The zip is a M39 Talon repro that is decent quality. It is topped off nicely with the proper "C" type top stops.
I have every size available now. They just arrived today
$350 + Shipping - $25 in the USA - International varies
You can PM me for an invoice. It's not on the site yet.
This run was made with our Dark Russet Horsehide.

Now it's time to introduce my friend Arlo:
IMG_20230920_162544349_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_162030465_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_162107652_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_162317253.jpg
IMG_20230920_162401367.jpg
IMG_20230920_162633209.jpg
IMG_20230920_162826372.jpg
IMG_20230920_162742801.jpg

IMG_20230920_162815340.jpg

Last edited:

Skyhawk

What is the tanning and finish on this jacket?
It's nothing special. No fancy Italian aniline or anything. It's just a no nonsense, drum dyed, chrome tanned hide.
Kinda like in WWII :D
Don't get me wrong, I love this hide. Very nice supple hand, good grain, good gloss. Color is right on target.
It's got a nice gloss on the topcoat. Which seems to be lacking these days in a lot of offerings...

Last edited:

Juanito

T
It's nothing special. No fancy Italian aniline or anything. It's just a no nonsense, drum dyed, chrome tanned hide.
Kinda like in WWII :D
Don't get me wrong, I love this hide. Very nice supple hand, good grain, good gloss. Color is right on target.
It's got a nice gloss on the topcoat. Which seems to be lacking these days in a lot of offerings...
That's the point--chrome tanned, drum dyed, with a pigment finish. Finally. If they are in stock, could I pick one up now? Are you still on the east side of PDX? Likely looking for a 46.

CBI

agree with this approach and they seem to be the best A-2's at that price point. Someone's to to wear one hard for about a year and post results!!! 5 Star CAN match this but they are too inconsistent based on what I have seen and my experience. Congrats Jay.

JonnyCrow

agree with this approach and they seem to be the best A-2's at that price point. Someone's to to wear one hard for about a year and post results!!! 5 Star CAN match this but they are too inconsistent based on what I have seen and my experience. Congrats Jay.
Fingers crossed, who's going to be the first for a stock jacket?

Hey guys, We have been working on a new line of economical A-2 jackets. These will be a part of our new section on the website named "The Supply Depot". This section will have in stock reproduction jackets for sale that will be immediately shipped when ordered. No production time, no wait. The first jacket in the series is a repro of Aero's 18775 contract. The Aero name is copyright protected by our good friend Ken @ Aero Leather. The name Arlo was chosen for a stand in and was a Sir name found on the east coast during WWII. It was also a popular first name for a time during that period. This jacket was patterned directly off an original, and built side by side with it to hit all the characteristics and details. You will see the signature unmarked anodized large ring snaps, uncovered on the liner. Exact reproduction of all top stitching, excellent reproduction of the label. We went the extra mile and attached the label like the original with the stitching coming down off the neck line, and going back up. All reinforcements were copied. We did all we could for a 100% reproduction of this unique contract. We used our reproduction 100% wool Red Brick knits, and of course the 100% cotton Mustard color liner. The zip is a M39 Talon repro that is decent quality. It is topped off nicely with the proper "C" type top stops.
I have every size available now. They just arrived today
$350 + Shipping - $25 in the USA - International varies
You can PM me for an invoice. It's not on the site yet.
This run was made with our Dark Russet Horsehide.

Now it's time to introduce my friend Arlo:
View attachment 120941
View attachment 120959

View attachment 120951

View attachment 120953View attachment 120955View attachment 120957View attachment 120943View attachment 120947

View attachment 120945
Why red knits? Make sure the lable says reproduction or copy so that it can NEVER be confused with a period A2 jacket.