• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerome Urbaniak

A

Anonymous

les_garten said:
I had a long wait for a paint job and a patch back in 2006-2007.

I just figured he's an artist, whatcha gonna do!

He's not dishonest or a thief.

He is a serious artist, for instance I think he designed the air filter cover for some of the Harley Screaming Eagles. I think if we knew all of the extent of his "art" we would be even more impressed with him.

He has not been active here or at Hat World for some time.

Way beyond, the artist needing time to complete the project. The artist needs to give the effing jacket back, Don't care if he designed the toilet seat covers for the royal family.

les_garten

ausreenactor said:
les_garten said:
ausreenactor said:
Got an email response last night....fingees crossed....

Couchy

Hi,
What became of your Jacket? Did you ever get it back?

Nothing heard beyond the email that day; however, there could be a jacket at the post office. Shall advise when I get back to the Ville. Have an 800 mile transit tomorrow...Postie arrives the day after..

Couchy

I sent you a PM.

It contains some ideas on how to get in touch with Jerome.

Anybody else who is having problems can contact me. I don't want to just throw this up here in the public.

les_garten

chitchat said:
les_garten said:
I had a long wait for a paint job and a patch back in 2006-2007.

I just figured he's an artist, whatcha gonna do!

He's not dishonest or a thief.

He is a serious artist, for instance I think he designed the air filter cover for some of the Harley Screaming Eagles. I think if we knew all of the extent of his "art" we would be even more impressed with him.

He has not been active here or at Hat World for some time.

Way beyond, the artist needing time to complete the project. The artist needs to give the effing jacket back, Don't care if he designed the toilet seat covers for the royal family.

I would agree, my point was that this was not new behavior, he always kinda had these issues, but his Dad passing I'm sure didn't make the situation better. Quite the contrary.

If he can't do the work, he should just return it.

a2jacketpatches

My guess , as stated earlier in this thread, is that he bit off more than he could chew. Some of these jackets may be half done and difficult for him to return because essentially they are flawed now. Half a painting would just look like a bad painting. He's probably making his living by another means now and can't catch up.

Someone should try to place an order through his website to see if he's still taking in jobs. That would give everyone who is waiting on him an idea about what he's up to. Yeah, a bit of an angle, but I've seen a couple of guys here do about the same thing to a friend of mine just to post and criticize his prices and such here on this forum. For their own satisfaction I'm guessing or just to have something to pick on. So maybe they could use these skills for something helpful and see if Jerome is up to no good. If he is taking orders, then I believe you guys should be a little more aggressive and not give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. His Dad passed quite some time ago and is irrelevant at this point.

les_garten

a2jacketpatches said:
My guess , as stated earlier in this thread, is that he bit off more than he could chew. Some of these jackets may be half done and difficult for him to return because essentially they are flawed now. Half a painting would just look like a bad painting. He's probably making his living by another means now and can't catch up.

Someone should try to place an order through his website to see if he's still taking in jobs. That would give everyone who is waiting on him an idea about what he's up to. Yeah, a bit of an angle, but I've seen a couple of guys here do about the same thing to a friend of mine just to post and criticize his prices and such here on this forum. For their own satisfaction I'm guessing or just to have something to pick on. So maybe they could use these skills for something helpful and see if Jerome is up to no good. If he is taking orders, then I believe you guys should be a little more aggressive and not give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. His Dad passed quite some time ago and is irrelevant at this point.

He has a website where you can order things?

Here's my Jacket: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/8795260

He also made me a nice Bunny Patch

A

Anonymous

a2jacketpatches said:

obangle1_36492_lg.gif
YOU, must talking about this angle.

a2jacketpatches

chitchat said:
a2jacketpatches said:

obangle1_36492_lg.gif
YOU, must talking about this angle.

Did YOU take this the wrong way or something? I'm saying that maybe approach Jerome from an angle because direct doesn't seem to be working. Are you waiting on a jacket from him?

A

Anonymous

Come on, You know what I am talking about. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

les_garten

Sounds like both of you guys are being obtuse.

Say whatcha mean, Jeebus Christos!

Where is Jerome's webstore? I don't think he has one.

a2jacketpatches

les_garten said:

He does have a website, I believe it's back in this thread somewhere because I asked about it. And OK, I'll say it again in plain English. If he accepts another order but won't answer a guy about a job pending, that should speak for itself. I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt here because I understand the problems that can come up from his point of view, and thought I may have something to offer. I've taken on too much in the past, charged too little, and my Mom passed a year and a half ago. But this thread is 5 pages long now without results. Time for a new plan. Forgive me, I'll stay out of this now and let the opinions take over.

les_garten

a2jacketpatches said:
les_garten said:

He does have a website, I believe it's back in this thread somewhere because I asked about it. And OK, I'll say it again in plain English. If he accepts another order but won't answer a guy about a job pending, that should speak for itself. I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt here because I understand the problems that can come up from his point of view, and thought I may have something to offer. I've taken on too much in the past, charged too little, and my Mom passed a year and a half ago. But this thread is 5 pages long now without results. Time for a new plan. Forgive me, I'll stay out of this now and let the opinions take over.

The only links here are his picturetrail links. I guess that is what you are referring to.

I did just read Couchy's thread.

5 YEARS WTF!!

I had no idea his issue had gone on this long. No way to excuse that.

I'm thinkin' he has a certain amount of pride here and won't send it back half done.

No real excuses for 5 years, the work should be comp'd, and finished ASAP.

a2jacketpatches

Yes, that's it, There's an email address to order from as well.

And yes, I'm sure he's got some jackets half done and won't send them back this way out of pride. But is he still taking orders?

I know for a fact that my customers here on this forum are a very small fraction of my regular business, and my Ebay store not much more than here. But I'm constantly getting emails from guys in Japan, France, England, everywhere, and that's what pays my bills. Can you see at least a little bit of intelligent thought behind what I'm saying or am I being obtuse?

Anyone can spout off that they don't care what the reason is, there's no good reason for it, Blah Blah Blah, and you'll still be talking about it on page 10, 6 months from now. And some guys maybe even 5 years from now. Just thought I'd offer an idea of what is most likely going on because I just might have a better insight than most. So rather than use the word angle and just say what I mean, why doesn't someone trick him into exposing himself. Nothing against him at all, honestly, I like to think there's a very good reason behind all of this and that's why I've tried to explain so much in detail. But on the other hand, if there's a rat out there, put out a piece of cheese and watch him bite.

ausreenactor

G'day,

Spoke to Jerome a couple of weeks back. I requested the jacket get shipped back. The art on the front is complete; however, the back had not progress passed the work up. I offered to pay for the work and Jerome refused to accept anything. I passed on my address and he was shipping the jacket back. I was also eager to advance him the cost of shipping. I have never lost an item that size coming in, so I will assume it will transit okay. Nothing sighted yet. Will keep you posted! ( :roll: Posted...)

Couchy

A

Anonymous

ausreenactor said:
G'day,

Spoke to Jerome a couple of weeks back. I requested the jacket get shipped back. The art on the front is complete; however, the back had not progress passed the work up. I offered to pay for the work and Jerome refused to accept anything. I passed on my address and he was shipping the jacket back. I was also eager to advance him the cost of shipping. I have never lost an item that size coming in, so I will assume it will transit okay. Nothing sighted yet. Will keep you posted! ( :roll: Posted...)

Couchy
Hey mate about effing time :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dr H

Going to miss the subject of this thread :cry:
It's been going here almost as long as I have :?
Glad it's almost resolved now Couchy

Persimmon

Dr H said:
Going to miss the subject of this thread :cry:
It's been going here almost as long as I have :?

Just you wait for the sequel thread....

Return of the Urbaniak

ausreenactor

Okay..

I have well and truly smashed through to nearly the SIX year mark now (just a few months off). I was advised the jacket was to be shipped at the start of the year before I deployed to Afghanistan. I have arrived home and six months have passed. I have phoned Jerome every day since I got home. Each time it went unanswered or to the answering machine. I did not leave messages. Today I left the first message and I shall call daily until I get a response. The address has not changed, nor has the phone number, so the assumption is that the ELC Air Comfort has not been lost in a move. I am now officially annoyed/pissed. My patience is now completely dead and I am flying to the United States in December. I am contemplating a flight to Wisconsin while Tianna is in Vegas doing the shows with the kids. I always do an internal '60 Minutes Test' with decisions at work and when out 'on the gas' and I readily use peers as a sounding board with mission specific planning considerations. I want a few forum members to say 'enough is enough Couchy' or 'you are clear in live' for the actions I am contemplating. I am not sure how legal action works across borders but my hand has been forced. I have Googled a few legal types and have a few numbers. If the reluctance to correspond is out of embarrassment for lack of progress or updates I understand. IF the jacket has not even been touched and I have been fed a line that the work was started it is a BETTER SITUATION as I could list it for sale in the US and PAY JEROME to ship it. I insisted I forward money to ship the jacket earlier this year; however, Jerome stated that he was compelled to fund the return journey. It is a HEAVY jacket and would have been expensive to ship. I know how things can get put aside for family, work or any number of reasons. I have an unpicked and modded repro USMC uniform here waiting for a re-sew. It has been that way for two years. But no one is counting on me aside from me. I am not letting anybody down but myself. I could have shipped it overseas and paid the local tailor to do it for what he charges for a three piece and been miles in front (REALLY regretting not doing that NOW! :evil: ).

Anyhoo. Vented and content now. Dog has worn the wrath this morning.. Sorry Buzz you were it.

Holy Crap. A replacement is US$1116 plus shipping...

INTERNATIONAL RECOVERY GROUP - Awaiting a response to see if I have to send a letter of demand first.

Regards,

Couchy