• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerome Urbaniak

sparidon

Anybody heard anything from Jerome Urbaniak lately? I sent him an A-2 months ago and haven't heard a word from him at all. He hasn't replied to any of my emails.

sparidon

If anybody is friends with Jerome Urbaniak you might want to let him know that if I don't hear from him this coming week (August 14-21) I will seek legal action against him for the return of my jacket and the 160 dollars he cashed from me in check form for work he did not perform. I have emailed him several times to no avail, and called him twice. I left messages on his answering machine and once with his wife and he has yet to call me back and give the common courtesy of returning my call.

To me this smells dishonest, I don't care how nice he may be to some of you, he is dishonest in my book right now. If you are buddies with him, advise him to call me THIS WEEK or I will be calling my lawyer for the return of my jacket and my money he took. No need to post my phone number, I know he has it.

Seth Paridon

bseal

As this is entirely a private civil matter between you and him, I do not feel this forum is a proper venue. It is my request that the moderators consider locking this thread.

CBI

I agree that this is private however if it helps, a thread like this in regards Jerome has come up more than once before (it may have been on the old forum). I believe there are family issues or something. Not trying to add any fuel, just hoping that this info might help (that there is a is a track record).

Steve27752

bseal said:
As this is entirely a private civil matter between you and him, I do not feel this forum is a proper venue. It is my request that the moderators consider locking this thread.

Sorry, but I dissagree. This matter needs to be posted as a warning to others planning on sending jackets to Jerome. He may have 'issues' but this keeps happening is now not an excuse.

a2jacketpatches

I take pre-paid orders in full all the time, from a lot of guys here on this forum. Here is an outlet that I and others take full advantage of to promote sales. Where else to put on a little heat from the buyers side. Guys know that I'm delayed lately and they are very understanding when I'm months late. But I also know that any of you guys can track me down. I get a little heat now and then for not emailing within a couple of days, but if I don't get back in months? Unless I'm dead or in a coma, hunt me down. It may also stop this from happening again. He's putting doubt in custom jacket work dammit.

Family issues? I know how he feels, believe me, but we gotta work and take care of our business.

ausreenactor

bseal said:

It is becoming more prevalent, and the forum members need to be aware before moving a jacket off for an indefinite hiatus. I have no room for my Air Comfort; however, I would happily prefer it here with the work done. Getting a price to return it 'as is' was unfruitful.

Couchy

A

Anonymous

Cannot believe it was 2/22/2011 this was last posted and you don't have your jacket.

rich

bseal said:

But other people might send Jerome their jackets to paint, which could also disappear (along with payment) into a silent black hole. It's not good for the customer, and in the long run, it surely cannot be good for him. Is it not peculiar that there's time to bank people's money, but no time to write an email explaining what the issues are?
I think Couchy has been a model of restraint, and there's nothing wrong with advising people of the potential pitfalls. I'm sorry to disagree with you, I really am, as I assume you are being loyal to your friend (one of the good, worthwhile things in life)
I hope it all ends well for everyone concerned.

sparidon

I'm not trying to slam anyone that doesn't deserve it. If it wasn't true, I wouldn't have written it. I just want what I paid for done and more importantly, I want my A-2 back. Now.

Jaguar46

I don't know Jerome, but when someone says they will do something, and don't do it, then the integrity of that person has to be questioned.

sparidon

Guys,
I spoke with Jerome this morning as he notified me that my jacket was copmpleteed and has been mailed back to me. The jacket arrived via USPS a couple of hours later, and I must say that his work is exceptional, well worth the wait. Jerome is a good guy, with just too much stuff going on at one time. My biggest complaint with him was teh lack of commo, but he rectified that and took care of the problem. Awesome work by a good guy.

Jaguar46

sparidon said:
If anybody is friends with Jerome Urbaniak you might want to let him know that if I don't hear from him this coming week (August 14-21) I will seek legal action against him for the return of my jacket and the 160 dollars he cashed from me in check form for work he did not perform. I have emailed him several times to no avail, and called him twice. I left messages on his answering machine and once with his wife and he has yet to call me back and give the common courtesy of returning my call.

To me this smells dishonest, I don't care how nice he may be to some of you, he is dishonest in my book right now. If you are buddies with him, advise him to call me THIS WEEK or I will be calling my lawyer for the return of my jacket and my money he took. No need to post my phone number, I know he has it.

Seth Paridon
sparidon said:
Guys,
I spoke with Jerome this morning as he notified me that my jacket was copmpleteed and has been mailed back to me. The jacket arrived via USPS a couple of hours later, and I must say that his work is exceptional, well worth the wait. Jerome is a good guy, with just too much stuff going on at one time. My biggest complaint with him was teh lack of commo, but he rectified that and took care of the problem. Awesome work by a good guy.

This is a good example of how a situation gets mistakenly interpreted, and can lead to a mischaracterization of the real situation. Glad it worked out, and Jeromes integrity is solidly intact.

sparidon

There was nothing misinterpreted dude. Jerome didn't get on the ball until I harassed him enough that he called me back. It took three irritated phone calls and many, many angry emails to get this situation resolved. But, regardless, IT IS RESOLVED AND I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WORK.

It shouldn't have gotten to where it got, no misinterpretation there.

dujardin

This is a good example of how a situation gets mistakenly interpreted, and can lead to a mischaracterization of the real situation. Glad it worked out, and Jeromes integrity is solidly intact.[/quote]

this is exactly what i wish to say. (thanks Jaguar)

i follow the discussion (by far) because i don't understand deeply the situation.
and also i don't give comment because my english spoken is not good enough.

but i was sure it was just a misunderstood somewhere.

just hope for Jerome that better days will be soon there.

byeeee
marcel