Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Pilot

Received...
Transmitted to seller...
Shipping to which place?
Edit: dimensions sent...

Last edited:

Nickb123

Could you tell what sort of hide the jacket is made of ? Look like HORSEHIDE to me.
It's almost certainly horse. Many of the Italian leathers as of late have that porous graining which looks a bit like goat. However, look to the left (wearer's right) pocket a bit in the photo; you can see a more even flat part with grain striations. If it were goat, all parts would be pebbly.

Pilot

It's almost certainly horse. Many of the Italian leathers as of late have that porous graining which looks a bit like goat. However, look to the left (wearer's right) pocket a bit in the photo; you can see a more even flat part with grain striations. If it were goat, all parts would be pebbly.
Thx, a lovely and very well made jacket by all meanings.

London Cabbie

@stanier still waiting, however most of that time it would have been too hot to wear, Covid-19, the fact I have more than enough jackets to try and wear plus the price. I’m willing to sit it out and wait for the happy ending...

Seal A2

Ordered 12 Sept 2019
Delivered 29th Nov 2019

Russett A2

Ordered 20th Feb 2020
Arrival...?

Pilot

Thankyou @stanier, moving forward it will be Aero, BK, Eastman & BR Nylon. & Bronson...
I have several BR nylons and other flight jackets as trades in against my Hartmann’s.
Too complicated to list..
If interested in B-15C, B-10, B-11, N-2A, N-3A, several WW2 A-2‘s... ( also Dubow Platoon A-2’s ) some ww2 originals and or BR, TRMcCs made... smallest size is 42“ largest is 46“... fire a pm... with jacket typ, size and budget you want to spend.
Several members here are already „ happy „ about those deals.
( apologies if I dont want nor need to compete with Made in Low-Cost :) )
Thx!

Last edited:

Greg Gale

I'm getting to like my Dubow more and more. I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's a liiitle short in the torso for modern pants, and it's quite roomy in the belly area. But the sleeves and shoulder are spot on, and it really is the most comfortable A-2 I've ever worn.

My BK 27752 is on the way - or will be in 6 months? - but even if it won't fit me well, I'll be more than happy with my Dubow. It's a keeper!