• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

London Cabbie

@stanier still waiting, however most of that time it would have been too hot to wear, Covid-19, the fact I have more than enough jackets to try and wear plus the price. I’m willing to sit it out and wait for the happy ending...

Seal A2

Ordered 12 Sept 2019
Delivered 29th Nov 2019

Russett A2

Ordered 20th Feb 2020
Arrival...?

Pilot

Thankyou @stanier, moving forward it will be Aero, BK, Eastman & BR Nylon. & Bronson...
I have several BR nylons and other flight jackets as trades in against my Hartmann’s.
Too complicated to list..
If interested in B-15C, B-10, B-11, N-2A, N-3A, several WW2 A-2‘s... ( also Dubow Platoon A-2’s ) some ww2 originals and or BR, TRMcCs made... smallest size is 42“ largest is 46“... fire a pm... with jacket typ, size and budget you want to spend.
Several members here are already „ happy „ about those deals.
( apologies if I dont want nor need to compete with Made in Low-Cost :) )
Thx!

Last edited:

Greg Gale

I'm getting to like my Dubow more and more. I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's a liiitle short in the torso for modern pants, and it's quite roomy in the belly area. But the sleeves and shoulder are spot on, and it really is the most comfortable A-2 I've ever worn.

My BK 27752 is on the way - or will be in 6 months? - but even if it won't fit me well, I'll be more than happy with my Dubow. It's a keeper!

ausreenactor

Is there anything bigger than a size 40 ?

This just sold for US$500...

i-img600x450-1603161535laeyww6596.jpg

Flightengineer

Hi, much has been written here about Platon Dubow A2, especially nice Brett's review. So it makes no sense to describe fine leather, great knitting, etc. You have seen all this many times here and the jacket needs no introduction.

Yesterday I finally joined the Dubow's Club too, so at the request of the members, I'm publishing some quick fit pics from phone.

Some impressions and pre-history.

For a long time I wanted A2 under which I could comfortably wear not only a T-shirt or shirt, but also a sweater on cool days. With my lovely Eastman Star in size 40 I can only wear one thin layer comfortably. It fits like a second skin, but if I'm wearing a sweater or turtleneck it is a little tight.
Therefore Dubow in size 42 is salvation in this situation as excellent bit larger A2.

For almost six months without flying (apparently due to the lack of not very healthy onboard catering and living at home with family) I lost a little weight and now my exact parameters are as follows: weight 76.5 kg (168,65 lb), height 180 cm (5 ′ 10") and chest 100 cm (39.4"). Slim build without a belly.

Dubow is very comfortable, everyone knows his lower armholes and it really is. I love this jacket from first try on.

Few words about comparison.

My ELC Star weighs 1540 g (I have an accurate electronic scale), and Dubow, which is in larger size but lighter - 1320 g . And it's good surprise for me too.
I also discovered an effect I called the "comfort extra 2 cm effect" :)
The Star for 3 years of active wearing took the shape of my body, stretched here and there, and when compared with the new Dubow, Dubow differs everywhere by 2 cm (3/4 inch). It is wider than my Star by 2 cm in pit to pit, wider by 2 cm at the shoulders. And 2 cm shorter at the back. So this proved to be enough to obtain ideal comfort for me.

Dubow is perhaps the most comfortable A2 of all that I have ever had. I am waiting for the warmth to start wearing it actively.

Once again, I would like to thank all the members who have published numerous photos of this jacket here. Friends, your pictures inspired me to make the right choice. I'm very happy with the purchase.