• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Flightengineer

The more I see Platon's jackets the more annoyed and bamboozled I am that he doesn't offer long and extra long sizes.

Yes, only Brett was lucky with long version.
I'm so happy that the standard 42 size fits me perfectly. If I had to fly wearing A2 in the cockpit, I'd choose this Dubow as the most comfortable one. All these days when I weared this jacket, I don't noticed it on myself - it is so comfy and doesn't stiff and tight me, and at the same time looks great. I've not been so happy with any of my previous A2s yet.

Smithy

I'm so happy that the standard 42 size fits me perfectly. If I had to fly wearing A2 in the cockpit, I'd choose this Dubow as the most comfortable one. All these days when I weared this jacket, I don't noticed it on myself - it is so comfy and doesn't stiff and tight me, and at the same time looks great. I've not been so happy with any of my previous A2s yet.

Hearing that it's as nice to wear as it looks on you Dmitry I reckon you've found your perfect A-2.

Maafly

Great Look,fit, and color, Dimitry! I received my Platon Dubow (russet), February/2021. I have gotten compliments several times I have worn. My favorite jacket! I love the fit as well, very comfortable. My season to wear is almost over. Will be colder this weekend, so I plan wearing.

London Cabbie

Dubow in Cab.
6FF352AB-792A-4A66-AD69-C4FE73B753FD.jpeg

Greg Gale

I know, right? It fits like a glove, you just don’t notice it’s on you :)

so your Star got the 2nd place now?:) I’m really happy I sold it to you, you found your ‘perfect match’. Great pants too btw.

Brettafett

The more I see Platon's jackets the more annoyed and bamboozled I am that he doesn't offer long and extra long sizes.

Yes, feel the same. Recon he'd have sold a ton more... Lucky to have my seal, but would have loved a russet.
I wonder if the folks at Headwind's new jackets will compete quality and price-wise. And will they offer long and X long sizes?

Flightengineer

I know, right? It fits like a glove, you just don’t notice it’s on you :)

so your Star got the 2nd place now?:) I’m really happy I sold it to you, you found your ‘perfect match’. Great pants too btw.

Thanks, Greg. Yes, my Star is number second now :)
The pants are one of the Uniqlo U-wide fit series from the past. I managed to buy several different ones before they disappeared forever. This particular made from very tight twill and have high waist, comfy and smart, stylish and incredibly high quality, couldn't want better for wear with A2. It's a shame that they stopped producing they.

Bremspropeller

Would anybody mind telling me their back-lengths of either their 42 or 44?
I do have some reason to believe (figuring this out after two years!) that my 44 is actually a 42 and has been mis-labelled o_O

My back-length is 23.8. But it fits well, so I did'nt have any reason to get suspicious before...

MaydayWei

In classic Platon fashion, I have not received any replies since I placed my order on January 9th 2021.
No worries, I anticipated this from the beginning (especially given @stanier 's experience).

Tomorrow (June 9th 2021), approximately 150 of the 180 days on my Paypal protection warranty for claiming undelivered goods will have elapsed.
So, I wrote him an email telling him that I will make a claim for undelivered goods in 30 days unless he contacts me within the next 30 days with proof that he has either sent my jacket or the jacket is delivered.
I thought I should let him know my intentions as a gesture of good faith.

Just wanted to leave a record here for future reference.

London Cabbie

In classic Platon fashion, I have not received any replies since I placed my order on January 9th 2021.
No worries, I anticipated this from the beginning (especially given @stanier 's experience).

Tomorrow (June 9th 2021), approximately 150 of the 180 days on my Paypal protection warranty for claiming undelivered goods will have elapsed.
So, I wrote him an email telling him that I will make a claim for undelivered goods in 30 days unless he contacts me within the next 30 days with proof that he has either sent my jacket or the jacket is delivered.
I thought I should let him know my intentions as a gesture of good faith.

Just wanted to leave a record here for future reference.
He won’t let you down. It will come, first one was in a few months, second was over a year. I’m waiting for another coming on 20months (not Platon) AVI was less than two weeks…

MaydayWei

He won’t let you down. It will come, first one was in a few months, second was over a year. I’m waiting for another coming on 20months (not Platon) AVI was less than two weeks…

I smell a Goodwear in the works ;)

I’m not worried but Platon did specifically quote me 4 months or less.
I’ve not pestered him these last few months, nor do I intend to. He is a busy man and I trust in his word.
However, from all the shenanigans I’ve seen on this forum, I’ve learned that it’s better to play it safe than sorry.
If it comes, great. If not, that’s okay too.