• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Serghei87

Roughwear 1401 , 23rd fighter group.

Very good choice :) i got the same and i love it! I just wish the leather had more wrinkles (personal taste in wrinkles) but i hope they will develop anyway with time.

I just got a problem with the leather on the patches. It is so dry on the edges that it has broken in few places ( on the left shoulder around the sun) and i had to glue it so i dont loose the shape of the sun :/ i used the only glue for leather i got home but it is not very good quality.

Maybe someone can recommend me a very good glue for leather and transparent??

See below

829B2AF6-B0EE-43E9-A0A4-BD30338E08A7.jpeg

s4rmark

Serghei, have you tried a leather conditioner on the patches ? I use Gliptone which is the same as Eastman use or renapur.

Serghei87

Serghei, have you tried a leather conditioner on the patches ? I use Gliptone which is the same as Eastman use or renapur.
Not yet but i was thinking to get one. My only doubt is: applying a conditioner will damage somehow the paint on the leather? Or it does no effect? I wouldnt want to ruin the paint in the process

Serghei87

Good point. If the jackets not that old I would speak to Gary or Rob at Eastman.
I spoke to Sean Collins about it as he made these patches. He told me he did this way because that is how there were doing them back then. He suggested me to apply high quality wood glue and that is it. He said conditioner wont really make any difference..which i find it strange why would not

stanier

Good point. If the jackets not that old I would speak to Gary or Rob at Eastman.

I agree. All that money and you’ve only had the jacket a matter of weeks and in that time the knits have needed attention and you hadn’t even got it out of the pop up shop at that point. And now the patch detail is breaking down to the point you have to use glue on it? I think you should have a word with ELC, and don’t use anything else on it till you have!

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
I would assume he means the white coloured wood glue , it dries clear.
It dries clear but that glued place on leather might become extremely stiff and rigid after wood glue has dried, which makes such treatment quite questionable for any leather.
P.S. But in case with such small place/piece on the abovementioned patch any good wood glue might work well indeed.

Last edited:

saucerfiend

This might sound odd... but, crazy glue might stabilize it. I know it is used on delicate ancient mastodon knife handles for cracks and is undetectable. Just a bit in those spots may do the trick.

Brian

Officer Dibley

May well work. And perfect for museum conservation of items behind glass but we are talking about a recently made jacket that should be worn care free.

I say have a word with ELC, it seems unsat’ to me for such an expensive item.

Dave

Last edited: