• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HLB B-3 Flight Jacket

FancyPants

Was only a matter of time...

...and not even a please or thank you
I appreciate the feedback. It was on hanger just for pics. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised that I ask what it’s worth. It’s not my size and I am not going to hang onto it. One thing I do know… it’s worth the $20 I paid for it.

mulceber

I appreciate the feedback. It was on hanger just for pics. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised that I ask what it’s worth. It’s not my size and I am not going to hang onto it. One thing I do know… it’s worth the $20 I paid for it.
TBH, we get people rolling in here with an old jacket asking what it's worth 2-3 times a week. Yours is a bit unusual in that it's actually a really neat piece, but it still gets pretty tiring having people with no interest in being part of the community show up, treat the board like a simple repository of information, and then leave, never to come back, with barely a thank you. That's why folks were starting to get surly when you asked about the price.

FancyPants

TBH, we get people rolling in here with an old jacket asking what it's worth 2-3 times a week. Yours is a bit unusual in that it's actually a really neat piece, but it still gets pretty tiring having people with no interest in being part of the community show up, treat the board like a simple repository of information, and then leave, never to come back, with barely a thank you. That's why folks were starting to get surly when you asked about the price.
Thank you for the insight. I appreciate their frustration. I imagine it is upsetting sometimes.I will do more homework on it. My experience is that when I post it to sell, I will get quite a few people offer their insight as well. It’s a cool piece. Interesting how many people list jackets as vintage when they obviously aren’t.

917_k

Well, the forum served its purpose once again:

Not a bad little profit.

Honestly, the next time someone with a beaut like this turns up, I’m just going to tell em it’s worth $40, but as im feeling super generous I’ll give em $50 (double ya money and a bit more).

Silver Surfer

at emptor.can't begrudge the fella for making out, and coming here to "price" [I mean look for info] his find. sure, I saw it coming, but, than again, I reckon others did as well. on his eb listing he Staes "a dime sized abrasion on the sleeve". its a hole, and that hole screams dried out shearling. wearable? maybe...for an hour before it begins to crack all over the place. and than?????? caveat emptor. still with us fancy? busy signal.

B-Man2

And Mr. Fancy Pants rides off into the sunset, never to be heard from again on VLJ. Here’s an idea. Next time someone wants a jacket appraised let’s tell them they have to provide a $5.00 donation to help maintain the VLJ website.
Why not ? The admins could set it up . Sounds fair to me, especially when a guy like “fancy ass” pulls down $1500 on a jacket that he didn’t have a clue about, until we told him what the jacket was worth. Sorry to sound like a curmudgeon but doesn’t this crap get a little old for you guys ?

Micawber

I have had somewhat more important things to concern myself with over the past few days compared to the somewhat arrogant response above.

I reckon a contribution to forum funds from absolute newbies requesting an appraisal is an idea worthy of consideration.

FancyPants

Well, the forum served its purpose once again:

Not a bad little profit.

Honestly, the next time someone with a beaut like this turns up, I’m just going to tell em it’s worth $40, but as im feeling super generous I’ll give em $50 (double ya money and a bit more).

FancyPants

Honestly, I asked a reasonable question but you are so full of yourself you can’t be polite and contribute anything of consequence. Your expertise is of no value if you don’t share it. While you are busy patting yourself on the back because you think you are so clever, I sold the jacket for $975…no thanks to you.

ties70

Honestly, I asked a reasonable question but you are so full of yourself you can’t be polite and contribute anything of consequence. Your expertise is of no value if you don’t share it. While you are busy patting yourself on the back because you think you are so clever, I sold the jacket for $975…no thanks to you.

Do you actually notice that your latest reply confirms everything that has been said about you and the likes of you in some of the posts above?

You deny the information you got here, the same information that got you a fat profit at Ebay.
You were not ripped off by anyone here about the origin and value of your jacket...or were you?

Yet, you feel entitled to get all information for free as "our expertise is of no value...if we don't share it". We pat ourselves on the back, while you were so clever (thanks to the input you got here!!) to sell the jacket for $975?

A "thanks" from you would have been polite. No, you are expecting a "thanks" from us, for you letting us share our information with you...how pathetic.

Sorry if I do not shed a tear while you are deleting your membership here...

Ties

ausreenactor

Be nice... Karma Gods might punish you with a lost item or refund claim... ;)

Chandler

Don't go away angry...