• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HLB B-3 Flight Jacket

A2B3G1

I have not posted much and am relatively new here. But I am not new in some regards and sometimes play devil's advocate ...

So I might tell the OP a truth: the jacket is worth what somebody's willing to pay and maybe somebody thinks it's worth $10. Hey ... Why not? It's what the OP is asking, the individual doesn't sound like a collector, and this person bought it at a thrift store. Why not offer a thrift store price? I do it with ebay sellers all the time. They send me offers, perhaps on an auto setting, and I respond with 75+ percent-off offers to see if individuals will accept the offer. I especially do this with people featuring high shipping fees.

917_k

I have not posted much and am relatively new here. But I am not new in some regards and sometimes play devil's advocate ...

So I might tell the OP a truth: the jacket is worth what somebody's willing to pay and maybe somebody thinks it's worth $10. Hey ... Why not? It's what the OP is asking, the individual doesn't sound like a collector, and this person bought it at a thrift store. Why not offer a thrift store price? I do it with ebay sellers all the time. They send me offers, perhaps on an auto setting, and I respond with 75+ percent-off offers to see if individuals will accept the offer. I especially do this with people featuring high shipping fees.

I guess the frustration with posts like the OPs is that no one on this forum (at least I don’t think so) would stiff someone over who turned up not knowing the value of their jacket. Clearly suspecting the OP knew jack shit about their find, any of us could have messaged them offering $100. But that doesn’t happen, instead people offer up their expertise for free and someone rides off into the sunset having contributed jack shit to the forum.

FancyPants

I guess the frustration with posts like the OPs is that no one on this forum (at least I don’t think so) would stiff someone over who turned up not knowing the value of their jacket. Clearly suspecting the OP knew jack shit about their find, any of us could have messaged them offering $100. But that doesn’t happen, instead people offer up their expertise for free and someone rides off into the sunset having contributed jack shit to the forum.
Frankly speaking, none of you contributed anything of consequence. Only one person offered questionable information. For that, I thank him. Just because I ask you what you think it’s worth, doesn’t mean I don’t have an idea of what it’s worth, but am just looking for confirmation. This isn’t my first rodeo. I am guessing I have bought and sold far more that you guys will ever dream off. Quit patting yourself on the back thinking you are such an authority. There are plenty means of arriving at what a product is worth. People don’t have to come to your forum. Your whining is not very appealing. Good luck trying to charge someone for your pro stays expertise. However, there is a sucker born every second….

FancyPants

Charming. Whether or not you knew all along the information you were asking us for, the point is the same: being treated as a free consulting service for new members, whose involvement has the longevity of a mayfly, is tiresome.
I have spent my whole life in commission only sales. People have no problem using me over and over again to gather information im order to negotiate elsewhere. It comes with the territory. I don’t get bent out of shape knowing I have been used. If I am doing extremely well maybe 10% actually do business with me. I just continue to offer free info and it’s no trouble. Maybe you can also pass on what you know without any expectations. Maybe you don’t gain anything at that time, but good things happen to good people.

B-Man2

Frankly speaking, none of you contributed anything of consequence. Only one person offered questionable information. For that, I thank him. Just because I ask you what you think it’s worth, doesn’t mean I don’t have an idea of what it’s worth, but am just looking for confirmation. This isn’t my first rodeo. I am guessing I have bought and sold far more that you guys will ever dream off. Quit patting yourself on the back thinking you are such an authority. There are plenty means of arriving at what a product is worth. People don’t have to come to your forum. Your whining is not very appealing. Good luck trying to charge someone for your pro stays expertise. However, there is a sucker born every second….
My God…. you really are a pompous prick aren’t you? You’ve bought and sold more than we will ever dream of ?? So .. really who cares ? You came to us with your, don’t know bullshit about what I have story. We graciously provided the knowledge that you now say was meaningless . If that’s the case then STFU and move on. Anyone with any class and dignity would do just that, but not you … now you want to impress everyone with who you are, what you sell and how impressed we should be with your presence here . Once again STFU , crawl back under your rock and move on. There’s no use staying here , you’ve now pissed off most of the generally kind and caring people on this forum . So have the dignity to lick your wounds, pick up your ego and MOVE ON!!

FancyPants

My God…. you really are a pompous prick aren’t you? You’ve bought and sold more than we will ever dream of ?? So .. really who cares ? You came to us with your, don’t know bullshit about what I have story. We graciously provided the knowledge that you now say was meaningless . If that’s the case then STFU and move on. Anyone with any class and dignity would do just that, but not you … now you want to impress everyone with who you are, what you sell and how impressed we should be with your presence here . Once again STFU , crawl back under your rock and move on. There’s no use staying here , you’ve now pissed off most of the generally kind and caring people on this forum . So have the dignity to lick your wounds, pick up your ego and MOVE ON!!
Wounds? What wounds would this be? Tell me smart guy.

B-Man2

Fancy Pants ???
What an absolute picture of masculinity and intellect that name paints … LOL!!
You’re like the gift that just keeps on giving ….. just too much to take in with just one pass by . Listen FP …..do yourself a favor and pack up you’re bullshit and get on down the road, while you still have a modicum of dignity and a bruised ego left. This is only going to continue to get worse for you here. I try to be one of the gentler and nicer guys here . The guys coming along after me will take your massive ego and fillet it down to the size of your modest IQ. Trust me … leave now before it gets ugly .

Last edited:

Flying Doctor

I have spent my whole life in commission only sales. People have no problem using me over and over again to gather information im order to negotiate elsewhere. It comes with the territory. I don’t get bent out of shape knowing I have been used. If I am doing extremely well maybe 10% actually do business with me. I just continue to offer free info and it’s no trouble. Maybe you can also pass on what you know without any expectations. Maybe you don’t gain anything at that time, but good things happen to good people.

Attachments

• yawn.jpg
    yawn.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 91

FancyPants

Wow. I am shaking in my boots. My guess is that if you get worked up about giving free advice then any reply you can conjure up would equally as lame.

mulceber

Can we just boot this guy out? He got what he wanted and now he's being obnoxious, what, because people here weren't honored to help him sell his jacket?

A2B3G1

Honestly, I asked a reasonable question but you are so full of yourself you can’t be polite and contribute anything of consequence. Your expertise is of no value if you don’t share it. While you are busy patting yourself on the back because you think you are so clever, I sold the jacket for $975…no

What exactly did I get. Curious if you even know.
What exactly did I get. Curious if you even know.

By your own statement, $975.
You know ...

That's actually debatable. The OP never said if that was a gross or net sales amount. I would never assume it was what the seller actually netted unless specifically stated. Also, I am not sure the OP is not a troll.

FWIW, back when the listing was active, I offered less than 20 percent of the 1500.00 BIN price and seller didn't accept the offer. Anyways, that's what the owner of a B3 listing got from me. That's what I thought it was worth. Going forward ... I might offer less. Or I might offer a little more for quality items from established sellers and not ebay dudes.

I've always noticed the best stuff doesn't usually show up online or in thrift stores. Usually ... collectors keep it for themselves.

Just my .02.

mulceber

You know ...

That's actually debatable. The OP never said if that was a gross or net sales amount. I would never assume it was what the seller actually netted unless specifically stated. Also, I am not sure the OP is not a troll.

FWIW, back when the listing was active, I offered less than 20 percent of the 1500.00 BIN price and seller didn't accept the offer. Anyways, that's what the owner of a B3 listing got from me. That's what I thought it was worth. Going forward ... I might offer less. Or I might offer a little more for quality items from established sellers and not ebay dudes.

I've always noticed the best stuff doesn't usually show up online or in thrift stores. Usually ... collectors keep it for themselves.

Just my .02.
All that’s fair, but sort of beside the point I was making: he got what he wanted — i.e. to sell his jacket — and now he’s sniping at people who are grumpy about the situation. So why not boot him out?

FancyPants

Can we just boot this guy out? He got what he wanted and now he's being obnoxious, what, because people here weren't honored to help him sell his jacket?
I’ll ask again. What has this forum contributed that led to me selling the jacket? One gentleman said he wasn’t positive but maybe 1941. Much appreciated. I haven’t looked back, but I bet the guys with the loudest mouths contributed the least. Typical. What does your mom charge you for rent?

mulceber

One gentleman said he wasn’t positive but maybe 1941.
That was me. And if you read the label right, then the contract was indeed issued in February of 1941.

What has this forum contributed that led to me selling the jacket?

I never said we did. Read the post of mine you quoted more carefully. The issue of whether our contributions were helpful isn’t particularly salient to my point. Asking me to prove that we made a difference isn’t the kind of stunning debate club move you think it is.:rolleyes:

FancyPants

That was me. And if you read the label right, then the contract was indeed issued in February of 1941.

I never said we did. Read the post of mine you quoted more carefully. The issue of whether our contributions were helpful isn’t particularly salient to my point. Asking me to prove that we made a difference isn’t the kind of stunning debate club move you think it is.:rolleyes:
For you to contend you have been used begs the question as to how. If you don’t offer anything of value then you could not have been taken advantage of and certainly can expect to be paid a fee for “it” whatever that is.

A2B3G1

"Just because I ask you what you think it’s worth, doesn’t mean I don’t have an idea of what it’s worth, but am just looking for confirmation. This isn’t my first rodeo."

Hmmmm ....