• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear (Dubow ) Tanker Jacket

ausreenactor

CBI said:
I'll take some pics (might take a few days) but the GW jacket pictured above is now owned by me and GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ, its really impressive. John's second cloth jacket ever made and the quality is outstanding, as high as his best leather work. The jacket is the correct heavy weight for a Tanker (Tanker's are really more of a Winter jacket that one might think). Quality materials - comfortable fit, warm, great details. In speaking with John, he said he simply took an original and copied it and made NO changes or modifications, concessions at all which is exactly what I like. He wanted to make a clone first and foremost and see how it worked out. He needs to secure a regular source for all of the materials and its a lot of work with cloth with less profit per jacket for him than the leather items. So, who knows if he will produce these, maybe just special orders someday. I guess more from John about that in the coming months.

Thanks John :D

It was always going to impress!! Now gear up and get some pics posted.. Nothing short of a Jeep in the background is acceptable.

Couchy

ausreenactor

veli1 said:
ausreenactor said:
They're nearly $400 a pop new. I do not wear em!! I buy low and sell high! They should be on the commodity exchange.

If I can pick them up for the price of the zipper in Japan, then it's worth it. I would never lash out for one at retail..

Couchy

Hey Couchy,

Got another tanker for sale??

I might be interested in sz 44. ;)

Your last sale was around 250 bucks, i'm interested if you got one...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9634&p=87409#p87409

Last sold was $375 a couple of weeks ago. $265 was a fire sale for a real good used one. To buy in Japan is
around $400 now, plus shipping and then 20% for the agent. No wonder BRs never pop up now...Lasted hours, sold
overnight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220844759381?ss ... 1562.l2649

It is looking like a GW (at any price), even with the wait, is the preferred option. Just comes down to - how 'much' do you want to wait?

Couchy

Cobblers161

deeb7 said:
... and which Buzz B-10 are we talking about? I have two, which differ from each other, in colour, and materials, but Buzz have produced many more.

It was the Roughwear Deeb, had a kind of yellow hue to the olive. Just didn't look right at all. If I was being picky, and clearly I am, the outer fabric was very stiff. I think Eastman nailed it tbh. Depsite this my fave B-10 is the still the Real McCoys Japan accurate or not.

The N-1 from Buzz has the same kind of yellow hue albeit slightly lighter. Saying that I have a one in a size 44 that will never be prised from my steely grip, cracking jacket despite the colour issue.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
deeb7 said:
... and which Buzz B-10 are we talking about? I have two, which differ from each other, in colour, and materials, but Buzz have produced many more.

It was the Roughwear Deeb, had a kind of yellow hue to the olive. Just didn't look right at all. If I was being picky, and clearly I am, the outer fabric was very stiff. I think Eastman nailed it tbh.

... also had the Buzz B-10 and that was way out.

I agree that Eastman make a great B-10, but I can't see that the Buzz RW colour is way out. I looked at John's review of the Buzz house B-10 on his CD ...

• The other details of the jacket are excellent, like pocket design, zipper, mouton, and shell color.

Cobblers161

It was very yellow and that was the sole reason for selling. I perceived that to be 'way out' as in not olive, a rather disturbing hue iirc.

Basically it weren't right.