• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gary Eastman's A2 Book is out

Skip

Andrew said:
Persimmon said:
I also have a Order despatch notice.
Perhaps it is for them easier to get out the free postage (UK) orders first ?

If I find out you fellas have lower issue numbers than mine there'll be a stink! ;)

We just live in the penal colonies mate... ;)

Persimmon

Skip said:
Andrew said:
Persimmon said:
I also have a Order despatch notice.
Perhaps it is for them easier to get out the free postage (UK) orders first ?

If I find out you fellas have lower issue numbers than mine there'll be a stink! ;)

We just live in the penal colonies mate... ;)

As the books are now all signed and shrinkwrapped it was impossible to ask for a special number.
You get what is sent. Eastman now cannot see and do not know which number is in each book to sent to the customer

So you might get a lower number if thats what you wanted.
I actually wanted number 1000 - last of the run (no chance of getting number 1 i guessed) but its all down to luck.

Andrew

Just having a bit of fun Alan. I'm only interested in when it gets here, but by the aparent absence of US delivery confirmations it does look like only UK orders have so far gone so far.

Persimmon

Andrew said:
Just having a bit of fun Alan. I'm only interested in when it gets here, but by the aparent absence of US delivery confirmations it does look like only UK orders have so far gone so far.

Ha ha ... but if you get issue number 1000 there will be a stink with me, my friend !!

I hope they will soon be on their way to all you folks overseas and in time for Christmas as well

Cobblers161

I'll say one thing for them, they don't hang about with the shipping!

Mine arrived today with one small niggle....My wife won't let me open it until xmas. Bah!

Now if I could only figure away of removing the packaging without leaving any tell-tale signs.......

ausreenactor

Cobblers161 said:

Mine arrived today with one small niggle....My wife won't let me open it until xmas. Bah!

Now if I could only figure away of removing the packaging without leaving any tell-tale signs.......

Buy another one....do it.. You have to resort to some skullduggery. Your wife has you exactly where she wants
you.. :cool:

Couchy

Persimmon

ausreenactor said:
Cobblers161 said:

Buy another one....do it.. You have to resort to some skullduggery. Your wife has you exactly where she wants

Couchy

Rather than buying another book and massive skullduggery, what about just trading the wife in for a more accommodating wife who lets you open boxes earlier.

ausreenactor

Persimmon said:
ausreenactor said:
Cobblers161 said:

Couchy

Rather than buying another book and massive skullduggery, what about just trading the wife in for a more accommodating wife who lets you open boxes earlier.

:eek: :eek: GBP70 is much cheaper and easier on the soul...

Couchy

Marv

Cobblers161 said:

I'll be opening mine as soon as it arrives ;)

Dr H

Mine has arrived, and I'm allowed to open it... :p
Going to open and savour it with a cup of tea now...

Wait...don't believe it...number 1000!
What are the odds of that happening?! :twisted:

Ah no, my mistake... 293...memorable :roll:

Kewl...a whole chapter on DNA analysis...sequences and everything...guys! Guys!
...er...I'll get my anorak... :oops:

Well, it's very, very good and extremely comprehensive in its coverage...

£70 well spent... :D

omarco

how does it compare to Full Gear? i wish there was shearling stuff in there as well.. perhaps thats the next one :)

Dr H

Can't tell you Marco, I don't have that one.
However, really wide selection of source documents, detailed images, side by side comparison of contracts.
Essential if you want to answer Andrew's 'which contract?' quizzes... ;)

havocpaul

As always the post runs late in these parts :( Is it a courier delivery? They sometimes can't be bothered walking round to my flat or up the stairs..hopefully tomorrow and I can open mine too!

omarco

Dr H said:
Can't tell you Marco, I don't have that one.
However, really wide selection of source documents, detailed images, side by side comparison of contracts.
Essential if you want to answer Andrew's 'which contract?' quizzes... ;)

It sounds pretty good Ian, its on my christmas list :D

anyone else wonder why, given Gary's obvious comprehensive knowledge of the A2, the Eastman A2's fall slightly short in terms of reproducing the finer details of certain contracts? its clearly not because of a lack of knowledge on his part.