• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gary Eastman's A2 Book is out

NW Carver

Got to say excellent service from Rob at Eastmans today - I contacted them explaining the issues that I have had with the book getting to me home address, through no fault at all of Eastman but purely my fault as I am currently now not home at the times which I would be usually - due to work commitments :)

Rob managed to get hold of the delivery company, get it redirected for delivery tomorrow at my work address, AND call me personally to explain that he had resolved it for me! :D Excellent service, great personal touch and nice people to do business with!

I am impressed :D

Ordered mine yesterday...$140 US will certainly make this the most expensive book on my shelf...but it will probably come off of the shelf much more than the dusty leather-bound Iliad that isn't likely to move any time soon. Really looking forward to reading it!

NW Carver

Yippeee, my book just arrived - number 297 and signed by Gary! :D Already been having a look through and I must say that its excellent...:)

TankBuster

Mine came in to the states yesterday. I have to say I am pretty impressed at first glance. For anyone who cares, my number is 287.

Dr H

Good pics (front images of jackets and detail images), but not really offering much on art or patches.
This one is more focussed on stock jackets (although a few are painted or patched).

a2jacketpatches

Dr H said:
Good pics (front images of jackets and detail images), but not really offering much on art or patches.
This one is more focussed on stock jackets (although a few are painted or patched).

Thanks, I'll pass on it.

CBI

No. 251 arrived today - good service to the US from UK. Nice book, lots of info.

If its not already in the works (I'll bet it is). Gary needs to offer those high end t-shirts he now sells with the logos of the A-2 manufactures as seen in the letterhead section of the book. The Rough Wear logo in particular looks pretty cool.

ausreenactor

CBI said:
No. 251 arrived today - good service to the US from UK. Nice book, lots of info.

If its not already in the works (I'll bet it is). Gary needs to offer those high end t-shirts he now sells with the logos of the A-2 manufactures as seen in the letterhead section of the book. The Rough Wear logo in particular looks pretty cool.

Good thinking...

Get that to the ELC guest book? With a comment for a thank you offering in your size?
Ordering mine today.. Anybody need .308 or .44 Magnum ammo as I seem to have a surplus at present? :cool:

Couchy.

Dani-B

The book is here - No. 189 arrived today. Just in time for Christmas, great!
Very well made - cotton covered, high quality printet and bound by british craftsmen, lots of close research and interesting informations, many nice and lovely details in composition and layout - very well done, worth every penny!
Regards Dani

A

Anonymous

I don't have credit card or sagepay but I have paypal and would like to buy the book.

Any gentleman here who can accept paypal payment can order the book for me?
I will appreciate.

Just got #216, and will gladly say that it was worth the investment. Looking forward to reading from cover to cover, but will share that at first inspection it seems great. Really nice history of the A2, with lots of credentials, spec letter, etc that are really interesting to read. A nice investment to my fellow A2 enthusiasts. Tons of history on the contract the I haven't seen before.

Dani-B

Probably not a kind of weird. The book weights 2.15 lb. Seems that two books together reaches a much higher pay level for postal charges from UK to USA.
Regards Dani

KevG

Just been comparing my GW Perry 42-16175P with Data Plate 34 in the book

Wow, pretty darn accurate !

:D

Anyone else been doing the same?