• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Jacket Scarves

jack31916

1700352178607.png
RAAF Pilot

asiamiles

I bought it over 15 years ago. Back then SOF were still selling original canopy sections. They still do the scarf, but it is a repro and not an original canopy section.

Cheers! Seems a decent price. Any idea what material they've used?

Otter

Cheers! Seems a decent price. Any idea what material they've used?
I am not sure. For me it was the fact it was cut from a genuine canopy, in several panels, with seams multiple stitched.
Were I you I would scour eBay for a genuine one or have a look on reenactment forums, see if anyone has one they will part with.
I suspect someone on here probably has a parachute, didn't Couchy have an A2 with that lining ?

Hazayad

Thanks you for your offer. I’ll do some research on them and learn more about them and get back with you .
Regards
Hey buddy,
there is a place in Germany that sells loads and for 12Euro a piece: https://www.vdmedien24.de/Fliegerkarte-Silk-Map-von-Kweilin-und-Fu-Chou-China-1-1000000
1700397776119.png

Be aware that some are bigger than others and all will need to be hemmed. They do make a fine, if short, scarf after that and a few washes. (They are rayon I believe but original RAF, late 40s and 50s)

Last edited:

tjoenn

Bought one a few years ago, then when people started talking about them, had to buy one more. Both look the same, but first one is nice and soft, wear it every day. The second one, rought and itchy...