• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Jacket Scarves

D97x7

Like a shadow from the tomb, halloween thread resurrection :D
Just received these from 5 Star, they're rather nice I must say. Probably won't be wearing them with an A-2 but as it's the only 5* jacket I own it seemed appropriate for a photo on their FB page.
IMG_20231031_153106_copy_3168x4224.jpg
IMG_20231031_153006_copy_3168x4224.jpg

D97x7

Was there a link to order?

bbrfo

i like a silk scarf but they don't go with everything, still a good way to dress up on outfit without a tie. i have a white one with the fringe tassels from soho scarves, though again it's a little fussy for most occasions. would like one of the big square parachute silk AAF scarves, and a red biker scarf like my hero Kamen Rider.

Enigma1938

Like a shadow from the tomb, halloween thread resurrection :D
Just received these from 5 Star, they're rather nice I must say. Probably won't be wearing them with an A-2 but as it's the only 5* jacket I own it seemed appropriate for a photo on their FB page.View attachment 125379View attachment 125381
Which color did you choose for the blue one?
On the 5* site the only blue ones seem to be way more bright in color what prevents me from buying, but yours look good

Pilot

With all due respect… there is not a single photo nor reference where a pilot or any combatant wore a survival map (Most are not even silk despite “the wordings “) arround his neck…
Happy to be proven wrong with evidences

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Every now and again, I will don one of my original cbi, theater made scarfs. One is navy blue the other off white (originally white). Either one of those or a 1930s-40s paisley job. Vintage scarfs can still be found in very good condition, and for reasonable dough. Advice: don’t get the tassels caught in a zipper. If that happens extract each strand of the tassel individually to free up the zipper.

D97x7

Which color did you choose for the blue one?
On the 5* site the only blue ones seem to be way more bright in color what prevents me from buying, but yours look good
I just ordered the blue from that page, must admit though the photos weren't up when I did so I assumed it was the same as the Facebook photo, which it was. The link pictures went up later and I'm thinking they're just not very good.

Otter

The "silk" chart is original, a lifeboat chart for the south China seas and Japan. It was going into the lining of a BK G1 had I ever bought one.
The evening scarf is silk, vintage, bought in the 80's in a little shop in Glasgow. The parachute scarf is my go to. (I didn't make a combat drop). Got it about 20 years ago when they were still reasonably easily come by.

Saint-ex

With all due respect… there is not a single photo nor reference where a pilot or any combatant wore a survival map (Most are not even silk despite “the wordings “) arround his neck…
Happy to be proven wrong with evidences
I never saw any evidence to, but I’m not a renactor. ;)

I’m pretty sure any pilot or any combatant wore an A-2 with blue jeans and sneakers too.

Members online

Latest posts