• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

The Steerhide is very soft... has a lot more give to it and smells great. It’s already getting a nice look to it. I have a goat A1 and it’s great but I much prefer the Steer or horse. Just my 2 cents.
Do you have a picture of your steerhide jacket? Would be very interesting to see!

cleancut

Here ya go.

Attachments

• 494F0379-133C-43FE-ADD4-E2B1991E6C61.jpeg
    494F0379-133C-43FE-ADD4-E2B1991E6C61.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 475
  • D652F14B-3823-4EA6-AEA4-798271394361.jpeg
    D652F14B-3823-4EA6-AEA4-798271394361.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 547
  • 7EF9DCFE-D716-453D-9315-83C9DE615225.jpeg
    7EF9DCFE-D716-453D-9315-83C9DE615225.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 424

mulceber

Has an Aero look to it...

Yeah, that's sort of what I've noticed about Shawn's colors: his seal is almost black, and many of his russet offerings are closer to what BK or Eastman would call seal. The colors are nice, just not a lot of options for accurate A-2 colors. Hoping the new leathers coming in late this year/early next year will change that.

Last edited:

Bahabp1000

This jacket comes with different types of modifications on demand, like we have the different Talon Zippers, Different Knitted Rib Colors or any customizations which are required can be done. You can find some options of zippers and knits below
Wow!

elfraty

My A2 made by Shawn and his team arrived on Wednesday. Attached are a few pics, I hope they´re okay, my wife´s not a talented photographer ;).
I´m very pleased with the quality I got and my wishes have been fulfilled. The only thing is the size, I´m still not too sure about it. What do you guys think?
What I´m sure of is that´s not the last jacket I ordered from Shawn.

This is a 46? Or a 44? Maybe I'm wrong but this seems oversized.

elfraty

I am not sure about how this thread became somewhat controversial, since it's still about vintage jacket reproduction. I am by no means saying 5 Star are producing the best repro but for a humble jacket fan on a budget like I am, they're doing a phenomenal job. But as a new member I'll zip it.
Anyways I received my 'Bronco' A2 today. 1 day to make the jacket, 3 days to arrive in Germany, and if it wasn't DHL mistakes I wouldn't have to wait for 4 extra days to enjoy it. I am truly impressed by the whole process. My specs are all matched and the fit is very good (Shoulders: perfect) The bottom of the jacket could have been a bit more tapered but I can live with it. For some reason I was expecting a cheaper leather but this is very good overall quality. Now, there's a little concern that was addressed before: The Smellz. The Jacket does smell pretty strong but it basically smells like fresh from factory leather thing (sorry for the lack of vocabulary). I will see how it goes in the next few days.
(I am a designer and I couldn't help throwing an unwanted logo to go with my pictures)
This is an exact fit as far as I'm concerned. Nice fit on the shoulders and waist

elfraty

Hi everyone, here is the first A2 horsehide jacket that Shawn sent me. I personally find it exceptional, maybe the shoulders are a little square, but in time they will be done. I also ordered two inside pockets because for me they are more practical. The skin is good and very soft. The price is reasonable. Sawn did a good job as the first horsehide jacket, congratulations.
by seeing these pictures I am convinced what my next jacket shall be: HH FS

elfraty

Hi Everyone,

Please find some images of our newly made David D. Doniger A-2 in HH Leather Seal Brown Colour for one of our customer, This jacket was made on custom size preferences.

View attachment 22622
View attachment 22623
View attachment 22624

Best Regards

Shawn
I was waiting until until I had my 5th AF. Patch added and the sleeves shortened a few inches but here you go: some quick and dirty pics. When I’ve had the alterations made I will post more/better pics.
Hey man your great. But consider your health. I realise it must be really difficult
Ease up on the Skoda bashing! They make a pretty good automobile these days!

And depending on the Porsche (944) you don't need to dig deep into your pockets.... ;)
Tesla also dropped prices significantly this week, so there is hope for vintage leather transportation....

elfraty

t
Couchy,

this looks like a pic from the internet... my guess would be ELC Slender A-2...

FS probably used it as a "generic A-2" photo, which is kind of problematic....

@Shawn Ali , if you are reading this: Your jackets have reached a level where you do not need other makers products for the sales pitch...

Use your own stuff instead, stay away from trouble, convince with your good work :) !

Ties

real photographs, real jackets, real people!

mulceber

in the long run horse hide will give the most satisfying result. It is the strongest and it will age in a way most desireable..

That’s certainly been the conventional wisdom, but there are a lot of dissenting opinions on that front. My experience has actually been quite different: much of cowhide is very similar to horse in terms of how it ages and it’s sturdiness. Meanwhile, goat is arguably even tougher than either of them, which is something of a problem because it means that, under normal wear, it will take decades before goat starts to develop real character.

Last edited: