• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Will be cool to see this. Did you specify thickness of the hide? I bought a generic 5 star jacket and was a little underwhelmed by the goatskin on that particular jacket, but it will be cool to see and hear your thoughts when yours arrive.
Shawn has new
I'm just afraid that the seal is too dark ...:eek:
the russet from five star is a very nice color. I received my AN-J-3 today and the regular russet goatskin is very nice.

Smithy

What's the upcharge on the "premium" hides? And how do you go about ordering it?

I'm thinking rather than going through Fleabay it's probably better to go direct with Shawn and flick him an email.

Shawn Ali

No in fact there is no "premium hide" option, just ordered by email after several email exchanged.

I defined with @Shawn Ali all details of the jacket.
We are using the Premium Hide 1.2mm for your jacket, only the normal ebay jackets we sold are of Normal Guage Leathers, but still have the good quality but less thickness.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

What's the upcharge on the "premium" hides? And how do you go about ordering it?

I'm thinking rather than going through Fleabay it's probably better to go direct with Shawn and flick him an email.
Yes That's a good idea, as on ebay or Amazon we have hundreds buyers who don't required the as much precision or details as our VLJ Members looking for, So I personally read All the emails's and coordinated till the end production to ensure the best results of authentic look.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

With the help and continuous suggestions and guidelines we developed very nice colors both in Russet and Seal Brown with Natural grain, each colour have its own look.

Shawn

Here is the aforementioned AN-J-3 from five star. As far as I know I’m the first to have one here, or the first to post anything about it. My apologies if I’m wrong.

The jacket arrived in a tidy nylon bag with the 5 star logo on it, which I thought was a nice touch.

It’s been mentioned here more than once that the leather from 5 star has a chemical smell. This one doesn’t. Just a pleasing mellow leather smell.

The leather itself has a nice rich dark russet color to it. And the goatskin has some good grain to it. Now, having said that, the leather is fairly stiff. But I’m sure with enough wear it will become supple as goatskin usually does.

The construction is excellent! Not a stitch out of place. And the knits are very nice. They don’t seem loose or thin by any means and are dull purple in color. I opted for the burgundy liner and the pictures don’t do it justice. It’s very smooth and silky.

It came with a triple talon zip and plastic buttons. I’ve never handled an original ANJ so I’m not sure how accurate this is. The collar has the zig zag stitching pattern I’ve seen on pictures of an original. This jacket isn’t patterned after any particular manufacturer.

It’s hot as hell in Texas right now so I’ve only worn the jacket briefly, and I’m pleased to say it fits like a glove! I sent Shawn my measurements and he nailed it. I don’t feel any constricting across my back, or pinching in my upper arms when I lift them above chest height, I can effortlessly cross my arms across my chest and it doesn’t ride up when I sit or move my arms around.

Now the cons.

I measured the sleeves wrong so now I will have to have them shortened, but that’s my fault. I ordered the jacket with snap pockets but it came with buttons. But I can live with that, it’s more accurate anyway. But that’s it. This is by far the nicest leather jacket I’ve had in years and it’s the only one that ever fit me so well. I would have to say I would recommend this jacket to anyone considering purchasing one.

Attachments

• D1232C69-1CFC-4436-81DF-29552275CE2C.jpeg
    D1232C69-1CFC-4436-81DF-29552275CE2C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 421
  • E327021F-F09F-4F50-A948-0F9FCCB61A5F.jpeg
    E327021F-F09F-4F50-A948-0F9FCCB61A5F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 367
  • 2E34A774-F315-4E91-975D-64A849ACDB56.jpeg
    2E34A774-F315-4E91-975D-64A849ACDB56.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 360
  • 14257940-7044-49D4-9B8C-DDA1B5691ABE.jpeg
    14257940-7044-49D4-9B8C-DDA1B5691ABE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 393
  • 5DDAA9E6-67A2-4E23-AD0C-E26B531E4C86.jpeg
    5DDAA9E6-67A2-4E23-AD0C-E26B531E4C86.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 391
  • DB1EE128-E1C6-4419-9629-1FAFEC4C4DD4.jpeg
    DB1EE128-E1C6-4419-9629-1FAFEC4C4DD4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 359

Thomas Koehle

Like that ANJ3 - didn't even know before These Things exist.

The jacket has all the Features i like on my A2 as well as on my G1 / M422

Craftmanship Looks pretty nice too