• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Saint-ex

Here we go....
242f6eb7ec902ea5d178882d671da624.jpg
b60e5e150a617122a0e781f2360cd3a6.jpg
dc93b840fef3028635e41f833a7bb5a4.jpg
6341d85e857673d849c943f51b703d52.jpg
Nice Jacket, your pics convinced me to order a jacket to Shawn

My A2 arrived this morning!! That is really quick delivery! It is a great jacket for the money in my opinion. It fits great I think and so glad I didn't go for the smaller size now as this is a snug fit! Thanks to Shawn for his advice! It should mold to my shape as I wear it. I'm a very happy chap indeed! Tempted to go for a capeskin now
I guess it's Seal Brown ? I'm not decided on the color. I like the lighter jackets so I thought I'd choose Russet Horse, but this color looks very nice also.

@Darhuws do you have photos taken outside?

I'm not an expert in A-2 jacket and I was ready to buy a Cockpit USA 1 week ago. But I discovered this forum and this tread. :)

Saint-ex

@B-Man2 , I'm not sure to understand, your are talking about my change of ideas ?

If yes, I was planning to purchase an A-2 and Cockpit was the only brand I knew. But I'm in vacation and I started to check about Cockpit review and fitting and I found other manufacturer as ELC and Aero... but price was not the same, but I was stung by the fact that Cockpit was not so close to the originals...

And by reading this topic I found 5 star leather witch is match my budget and "authenticity needs" more than Cockpit and even more than best repro manufacturer.

B-Man2

@B-Man2 , I'm not sure to understand, your are talking about my change of ideas ?

If yes, I was planning to purchase an A-2 and Cockpit was the only brand I knew. But I'm in vacation and I started to check about Cockpit review and fitting and I found other manufacturer as ELC and Aero... but price was not the same, but I was stung by the fact that Cockpit was not so close to the originals...

And by reading this topic I found 5 star leather witch is match my budget and "authenticity needs" more than Cockpit and even more than best repro manufacturer.
Hi
I think you misread my question.
Your jacket fits you very nicely . I was wondering if you used Shawn’s standard measurements when you ordered your jacket or did you customize the jacket by using your own personal measurements?

Saint-ex

Ok, one point each side, because you misread my first post. I do not ordered yet, pictures are 2 others members. :D

But I hope my futur Shawn’s Jacket will fit as well as these 2.;)

Sorry for miss understanding.

Thomas Koehle

When orderering i'd go with the Standard-sizes which are listed by Shawn as far as possible ...

My first attempts in getting a custom-made jacket where a catastrophy not by Shawn's fault, but simply by my incompetence in providing proper dimensions to him

BTW. i want to sell my 5* A2 in Horsehide in size 44 - let me know if you're interested

Saint-ex

Thanks @Thomas Koehle for your feed back and proposal but I need a 48 at least, 50 should be better.
It’s also the reason why the 5 star leather could be a good solution for me.

Can I ask you why you do not want to keep it ?
And I you had time to wear it, i’m interested to see how the russet is with patina.

Thomas Koehle

Thanks @Thomas Koehle for your feed back and proposal but I need a 48 at least, 50 should be better.
It’s also the reason why the 5 star leather could be a good solution for me.

Can I ask you why you do not want to keep it ?
And I you had time to wear it, i’m interested to see how the russet is with patina.

Seems i have “grown” and now the jacket is kinda thight around the chest - i ordered a 44 but seems I need a 46

Color ain’t russet but more like chocolate or seal and I never weared it outside the house

One of the other forum-members “Ties” owns one in russet

Pilot

Damn! How could I have missed your birthday?!?

56? You gotta be kidding me... "You look younger than ever!"

Take care,

Ties
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag...Joyeux Anniversaire... Feliz Cumpleanos .... Schu nji shieng rji kuai lje ..( German phonetics) ...Happy Birthday ...Thomas.

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Nice Jacket, your pics convinced me to order a jacket to Shawn

I guess it's Seal Brown ? I'm not decided on the color. I like the lighter jackets so I thought I'd choose Russet Horse, but this color looks very nice also.

@Darhuws do you have photos taken outside?

I'm not an expert in A-2 jacket and I was ready to buy a Cockpit USA 1 week ago. But I discovered this forum and this tread. :)
Hi Dear @Saint-ex

Welcome to the forum, and It would be an honor to make a jacket for you, for any inquiry you can send me an email with your complete size details and all the customization's needed
[email protected]

Best Regards

Shawn

Saint-ex

So after a lot of hesitation, I confirmed an order to @Shawn Ali .
An A-2 Werber in seal goat leather.

I had the opportunity to touch with my hands a Five Star Leather jacket in Paris thanks to a nice member of a Facebook group.
Horsehide did not convince me in appearance, too shiny, but the goatskin pictures did not look bad and the perceived quality of the finishes was pretty good.

So verdict in a few days. It took weeks to make my choice but now I'm looking forward.:p

Imuricecreamman

So after a lot of hesitation, I confirmed an order to @Shawn Ali .
An A-2 Werber in seal goat leather.

I had the opportunity to touch with my hands a Five Star Leather jacket in Paris thanks to a nice member of a Facebook group.
Horsehide did not convince me in appearance, too shiny, but the goatskin pictures did not look bad and the perceived quality of the finishes was pretty good.

So verdict in a few days. It took weeks to make my choice but now I'm looking forward.:p

Will be cool to see this. Did you specify thickness of the hide? I bought a generic 5 star jacket and was a little underwhelmed by the goatskin on that particular jacket, but it will be cool to see and hear your thoughts when yours arrive.

Saint-ex

No I don't. But I order a "premium five star", I guess skin thickness is better than the cheapest.:oops:

Because precisely, the pictures of your A-1 convinced me.

Imuricecreamman

No I don't. But I order a "premium five star", I guess skin thickness is better than the cheapest.:oops:

Because precisely, the pictures of your A-1 convinced me.

Yes. I've seen Shawn advertise the Premium thicker goatskin and I think that will be really nice in Seal color. My A-1 is advertised as capeskin, and it really builds character every day I use it. It is really thin and seems fragile, but I really like it. Can't wait to see yours :)