• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Epaulette accuracy- various repros compared to original Aeros- 21996, 18775, 15142

robrinay

New Yorkers can walk the walk ? what is that supposed to mean ? . Diamond Dave is not from New York ,and the Glasgow Kiss comment was real choice wording to diffuse a situation .

Jeff
I’m learning some new expressions here plus other stuff - not complaining but then I used to teach young people who had been excluded from school. And no that’s not an insult directed at or to anyone here - it’s just that after that career I’m near on impossible to shock.

Bombing IP

I fully understand what the expression means but what I do not understand why it was thrown around in his post ,what was the thrust of Mr Macks post .He probably will not read this as I am sure he has me on his ignore list .

Jeff

petermack09

Ah Jeff,,,good to hear from you,,seems you know the meaning of a Glasgow kiss but not the meaning of walk the walk.
The calling out of other jacket manufacturer,,on this forum,in the way that it was being done ,in my opinion was way out of order.Again & it’s only my opinion he was spoiling for a fight,he wouldn’t just let it go,,I could almost see the wee tears streaming down DDs face.i notice you & others were conspicuously absent when diffusing the situation was called for.
Am I surprised you show up now? not in the slightest.Go walk the walk,I’m away for my tea ,,
And I have to say ,I don’t know you,I don’t know silver surfer! But non of this I take personally & would be happy to meet you both for a beer or two when I’m over and talk jackets or whatever,,sorry but I hate to see bullying of any kind ,Peter

petermack09

I fully understand what the expression means but what I do not understand why it was thrown around in his post ,what was the thrust of Mr Macks post .He probably will not read this as I am sure he has me on his ignore list .

Jeff
Like I have said before Jeff,,This is only a hobby,,I don’t get too upset about much ,but sometimes it’s gotta come out ,peace

DiamondDave

Ah Jeff,,,good to hear from you,,seems you know the meaning of a Glasgow kiss but not the meaning of walk the walk.
The calling out of other jacket manufacturer,,on this forum,in the way that it was being done ,in my opinion was way out of order.Again & it’s only my opinion he was spoiling for a fight,he wouldn’t just let it go,,I could almost see the wee tears streaming down DDs face.i notice you & others were conspicuously absent when diffusing the situation was called for.
Am I surprised you show up now? not in the slightest.Go walk the walk,I’m away for my tea ,,
And I have to say ,I don’t know you,I don’t know silver surfer! But non of this I take personally & would be happy to meet you both for a beer or two when I’m over and talk jackets or whatever,,sorry but I hate to see bullying of any kind ,Peter

See it’s these little asides that are actually attacks that make me question your sincerity. All of this is helping all of us, if you don’t get that may I suggest, as I have stated previously, perhaps you cease paying attention to it, block me, I don’t care.

Troll on elsewhere, I’m sure Daddy Ken is quite proud of you.

DD

DiamondDave

Like I have said before Jeff,,This is only a hobby,,I don’t get too upset about much ,but sometimes it’s gotta come out ,peace

“sometimes it’s gotta come out” that’s exactly our point as well.The shitty nature of Kens interactions with almost everyone , especially here on VLJ, has prompted all of this, this did not occur in a vacuum and if you don’t know the history, perhaps shut up about it?

dD

dinomartino1

Two photos of original jackets with a centred cross have been posted.
Aero did make jackets that way as well, what more is there to discuss.
Surely the debate on that particular feature is over.
Better to start a new thread of some other inaccuracies rather than flogging a dead horse.

Buzz ricksons 18775-P

imgrc0079462843.jpg

DiamondDave

Better to start a new thread of some other inaccuracies rather than flogging a dead horse.

Buzz ricksons 18775-P

View attachment 26824
True but, two jackets out of however many thousands made over ALL of the contracts, is not a great testing sample. They are the outliers and not the norm, that is the point of this thread.

Buzz Rickson is hardly on the list, and for a very good reason. They are made in China and sold to the Japanese market. While they are good for what they are, they do not belong on this list. Hell, im not convinced I belong on this list frankly, nor does Aero Scotland. Top tier is the point after all.

DD

petermack09

See it’s these little asides that are actually attacks that make me question your sincerity. All of this is helping all of us, if you don’t get that may I suggest, as I have stated previously, perhaps you cease paying attention to it, block me, I don’t care.

Troll on elsewhere, I’m sure Daddy Ken is quite proud of you.

DD
Dave,I have no desire to attack anyone,certainly not yourself,,I think the way you went about venting your spleen was way out of order & you sounded like a spoiled brat & not the mature adult I take it you are.
You now label me a shill,a troll, and now it’s Daddy Ken,,ffs man grow up...& ignore you !!!why would I? I actually used to enjoy learning from you before you just recently started to come over all woe is me & vindictive,,trust me Dave I’m sincere,nothing fake in the slightest.its just been said things may be lost in translation but straight up you have sounded pretty strung out over this.im probably a bit older than you & seen this crap on a daily basis because of the job I had,,take a step back and breathe,,I’m being sincere,,& I had to look up shill,,that’s how much I know

Bombing IP

You say I am conspicuously absent from diffusing the situation ,well for one I admire both sides for different reasons and saying anything would be tantamount to taking sides .I would like to see this tit for tat stop and fizzle out ,but maybe the best medication for pent up anger is to let it out . I tried injecting humor into the thread .Where I come from a Glasgow kiss is a London handshake ,your comments Mr Mack are alway being defended once posted and then questioned ,you misunderstand me my friend or some other obtuse reply . I am not spoiling for a fight or public disagreement with you . .But you have a nice day anyway and this is all I will say on the matter .

Jeff

ZuZu

Buzz ricksons 18775-P

View attachment 26824

Yes two original jackets kinda show the "X" in the center but there's a lot more "...to discuss...". The reason the "X" is the way it is on originals is because of the sewing order- how the ep was attached and when in the sewing process. Aero Scotland doesn't get it- that's the "end of discussion". Check out my newer post on collars and windflaps for unambiguous inaccuracy...

robrinay

One of the biggest problems here is there is no tone of voice or body language etc etc in text.
Anyone heard of the 7:38:55 % rule? While I’m sure it’s not that accurate. It suggests that words communicate 7% tone of voice 38% and Body language 55%. So it’s fairly obvious that since text is the only communication available here there will be always be misunderstandings.

dinomartino1

True but, two jackets out of however many thousands made over ALL of the contracts, is not a great testing sample. They are the outliers and not the norm, that is the point of this thread.

Buzz Rickson is hardly on the list, and for a very good reason. They are made in China and sold to the Japanese market. While they are good for what they are, they do not belong on this list. Hell, im not convinced I belong on this list frankly, nor does Aero Scotland. Top tier is the point after all.

DD

1. I am not a member of the aero fab club and will never be buying an A2 from them, I have always liked their non military leather jackets and have had a few.
2. I only posted that photo to Show another repro maker with that style cross was that not the point of the thread after all, the thread name is Epaulette accuracy- various repros compared to original Aero wherein have I done wrong.
3. If as you say BR is made in China what difference does that the make, is anything made outside of the US not permitted to be mentioned.
4. I have no problem with people pointing out inaccuracies in jackets that is one of the reasons for having a forum.
5. Constantly going on about what a wanker Ken Calder is { I know you have you reasons ] demeans your observations and makes them seem spiteful rather than honest criticism and is putting plenty of people off so you are losing a lot of the audience you want to inform.
6. I am not trying to piss you off, just how an impartial person is seeing things.
7. I think your 21966 is a fine piece of work.

Last edited:

petermack09

You say I am conspicuously absent from diffusing the situation ,well for one I admire both sides for different reasons and saying anything would be tantamount to taking sides .I would like Petermack09 wrote: "....and ZU,,ffs get your name out there and grow a pair,,a Glasgow kiss would sort this out pronto,,it’s like listening to kids in a playground...."

I don't know what all that's supposed to mean but aren't you kinda doing the thing you're complaining about Mr. Big Bad Peter? My name's Jeff out here in Oakland CA where a drive-by is our little "kiss"... not scared of people from Scotland!
exactly,,you didn’t understand what it was supposed to mean,,let me explain I meant (in jest) that the clowns creating the fuss,get together and sort it out,not me threatening anyone,is that now clear ????And your response ,using drive by as a way to deal with any situation is way out of line,but you probably won’t understand that either.but it tells me everything I need to know about you,,
Ps , bombing,your quote wasn’t meant to be attached,don’t know what happened there,Peter ,

Last edited: