ELC A-10 gloves

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by MikeyB-17, Jun 14, 2018.

1. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

B7B70047-3213-4BF8-8451-B8ED082FC0C3.jpeg 47ED084B-10B2-4314-9B1F-707B137B5C97.jpeg After many years of wanting a pair, and having missed out more than once on Ebay, finally got myself a pair of ELC A-10’s. Seen some service, nicely worn in, plenty of life left in them. Knits a bit battered but can’t decide whether to darn them, or keep them the way they are-I’ve also emailed ELC to see how much they charge to replace them. All ready to wear with my B-3 when I get it!

Thomas Koehle, stanier, Grant and 2 others like this.
  2. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

That's timing Mikey, I just received a pair of MASH A-10s today :cool:

MikeyB-17 likes this.
  3. MikeyB-17

ELC charge £25 plus a fiver postage to get the knits done. I can live with that, that’s the way I’m gonna go. Just gave them a coat of Pecard’s as they were a tad dry.

4. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

That's not bad at all Mikey, I actually thought it would've been worse.

Officer Dibley likes this.
  5. MikeyB-17

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Marv

Marv Well-Known Member

lovely A-10s plus they are they older model without the AAF logo on the gloves so must be around 10 years old or around that timeframe, all new models have the AAF stamp as default so yours, like mine came from the time when ELC gave you a choice regarding the stamp when purchasing.

They will look pretty sweet with the replacement knits once installed and the goatskin look really great, nice find.

MikeyB-17 likes this.
  7. MikeyB-17

Actually they could be older than that-the option not to have the stamp is offered in the Golden Book from 1998.

Marv likes this.
  8. Art

Art Active Member

I'd like them to put rust knits if I get a pair

Officer Dibley and stanier like this.
  9. stanier

stanier Well-Known Member

You’re whippin’ up a storm there Art! But they do look the business with rust knits, I’ve got a BR pair and couldn’t be more pleased with them!

Art likes this.
  10. Art

Art Active Member

That's where I got the idea , I saw a. Pair of buzz with the rust how bout the cream leather ones they do too

11. Art

Art Active Member

12. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Marv likes this.
  13. MikeyB-17

4045CE12-639F-4921-B5C4-84E6D98740E6.jpeg Well my A-10’s went off to ELC, and the service was faultless. Posted on a Thursday, job done on the Monday, they even managed to make the post that day, let down by the Post Office as despite being sent First Class they didn’t make it to me until the Wednesday, but still! Very impressive. Excellent job, Rob Brace was a pleasure to deal with, and I even got a Romain Hougault calendar as well. It’s a long time since I got one of ELC’s nice little brown paper parcels.
    I think the chap I bought them from used them hard (he mentioned Jeep driving), so they had a bit of an odour suggesting they had got wet several times. That’s fading after leaving them out in the Sun, and they’re now looking nicely worn in. I do find getting them off requires a technique, as otherwise the lining pulls out and has to be pushed back into place, but I’m getting on top of that-not that they’re getting much wear in this weather! CC280AA5-7A0E-46A2-8B08-80F31C44CF09.jpeg E0705FB7-CF4A-4658-B9ED-FE5DDAC45A25.jpeg

14. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

They are a great pair of gloves , im on my second pair now . Dont have the problem with the lining coming out when taking them off , maybe helps if you have hands as small as mine ?
    The leather looks nicely broken in Mikey !

15. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

They look great and they've done a damn good job with the replacement knits.

I can't wait for the weather to plummet so I can wear my MASH ones.

Officer Dibley likes this.
  16. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

I just received a package from Ivybridge :) These really are the gloves I've always dreamed about. I hope they're gonna last decades, because I can't cough up so much dinero for gloves anytime soon :D

IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG

Art, Officer Dibley, Grant and 7 others like this.
  17. tjoenn

tjoenn Well-Known Member

Great gloves! Mine lasted just over one decade before I left them on a bus... Got new ones for my 50th birthday...

18. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

They look exactly like my MASH ones Greg ;)

Congrats buddy!

Pilot and Greg Gale like this.
  19. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Greg
    Great gloves! I’ve had a pair for the last 5 years and they still look like new. But........ that’s probably because I live in Florida and I haven’t used them yet...:( ............ ;)

20. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Just use them !!

Officer Dibley, Pilot and Greg Gale like this.