• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow "Platon" A-2 Quality

ZuZu

One of my two Platon's Dubow after 1.5 years of wear, becoming looks better every day.
The photo was taken in bright sunshine, there may be a chance to take a photo on an overcast day to show wear and patina formation.

the jacket hasn't shrunk in this time
Really very good! Much better than the Eastman, 5 Star, and everyone else but you know who. It has some deal breakers for me in some of the details but the overall pattern and look is excellent!

Wedge417

That's become a part of high-end repro "authenticity."
This actually applies to anything vintage. I do a lot of vintage clothing and vinage uniform collecting. And most things prior to 1980s are clearly made for short sized, 42 and bellow people. Let's not even start about pre 1930s, people were thin as paper back then!!

On another note, still about Platon, there were rumors about him starting on navy flight jackets...any updates on that?

JonnyCrow

This actually applies to anything vintage. I do a lot of vintage clothing and vinage uniform collecting. And most things prior to 1980s are clearly made for short sized, 42 and bellow people. Let's not even start about pre 1930s, people were thin as paper back then!!

On another note, still about Platon, there were rumors about him starting on navy flight jackets...any updates on that?
Guilty I'm afraid haha just over 5ft 7 40-42 chest 32 waist, it opens a lot up for me I guess