• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow "Platon" A-2 Quality

Stonel

So I'm looking at getting myself a Dubow Platon instead of an Eastman or Goodwear due to the attractive price, but I do not want to sacrifice the quality and accuracy. For anyone who has owned or dealt with both: are they in the same ballpark as far as quality?

Micawber

Nice quality and accurate for a reasonable price. Lack of communication and no large sizes have been about the only slightly negative observations but the product itself is good.
P
That said why reinvent the wheel and go over old ground - there are plenty of opinions about Platon's offerings on the forum already if you care to search for it.

London Cabbie

Love mine.
2C1461F2-CCAE-4C0B-BC6A-A81335A1BF9D.jpeg

Smithy

...and to add to what Jan said, for goodness sake check the jacket measurements because if you're tallish you're going to be very, very disappointed. There are a lot of us who were keen on buying a Platon Dubow but there was no way the jackets had the length to fit us.

mulceber

Arms are the bigger problem. If the jacket’s a bit short for your torso, you can just wear higher-waisted pants. Not much you can do if the sleeves are too short.

Stonel

Very true. I think I'll keep looking then.

I did just recently pick up a GW 16160 preowned and it feels just a bit baggy on me. Maybe that's how they are supposed to feel, or maybe I need to hit the weight room, or better, the buffet line.

mulceber

It does look a bit loose. The shoulders are particularly big. It wouldn't be bad if you wanted to layer under it. What's the pit-to-pit on that jacket vs. your chest measurement?