• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Chandler

If Ford had never worn them in the series, what do you think they’d be selling for today?
My guess would be $275.00
You might be spot on!

I remember finding out these were the "Indy" boots sometime back in the late 90s, or so. They were selling for around $300 then and I just couldn't bring myself to drop that much on a pair of boots in those days. Wish I'd chanced it. :confused:

Shanghai-Mayne

You might be spot on!

I remember finding out these were the "Indy" boots sometime back in the late 90s, or so. They were selling for around $300 then and I just couldn't bring myself to drop that much on a pair of boots in those days. Wish I'd chanced it. :confused:
No need to think that way. The nail issue happened all the time.

LV426

Man, those are looking outstanding! Mine look brand-new in comparison.

Maybe I can send mine to you for some break-in time? ;)
Hello , when i bought my 1st pair of 1500 i searched the web to find a method , here is the one i found and it worked very , very well with mine . The only process i skiped was the water bath ...
I strongly advise against ! If in war time or in the Army the did that it quite extrem for the leather and stiches . For the break in process you can wear wet socks , i did it for all of my pairs. Here is the link : http://thelandlessgentry.blogspot.com/2018/02/diy-antiquing-corcoran-brown-jump-boots.html?m=1

Chandler

Hello , when i bought my 1st pair of 1500 i searched the web to find a method , here is the one i found and it worked very , very well with mine . The only process i skiped was the water bath ...
I strongly advise against ! If in war time or in the Army the did that it quite extrem for the leather and stiches . For the break in process you can wear wet socks , i did it for all of my pairs. Here is the link : http://thelandlessgentry.blogspot.com/2018/02/diy-antiquing-corcoran-brown-jump-boots.html?m=1
I saw that same article a couple years ago. Might have to take some extra time to kick my Corcorans' butts. ;)

LV426

I saw that same article a couple years ago. Might have to take some extra time to kick my Corcorans' butts. ;)
It's never too late , but it's not the only way , the classic , whithout stripping the "plastic like "layer . I did it with 2 pairs , and the last one tried just saddle soap , a more conventional way that produce a really cool effect . Juste added a few layers of surfine cream Saphir dark brown and cordovan . Can i see some pics of your ? i will show you mine ....:eek:

Chandler

It's never too late , but it's not the only way , the classic , whithout stripping the "plastic like "layer . I did it with 2 pairs , and the last one tried just saddle soap , a more conventional way that produce a really cool effect . Juste added a few layers of surfine cream Saphir dark brown and cordovan . Can i see some pics of your ? i will show you mine ....:eek:
I think I have some images saved -- I'll dig around.

Mine are practically new -- with a little folding and creasing, but no finish wear.

Chandler

I didn't have any images saved, so I snapped one with my phone -- the camera makes them look cooler than they are in person. ;)

K5gUyFD.jpg

Last edited:

Chandler

I’m thinking that they will have to make that right. Let us know how it comes out ( no
Pun intended):rolleyes:
Sorry for an extended, long-lost reply on this, but I got caught up in too much real-life and the Aldens slipped my mind.

I just wanted to follow-up that customer service at The Shoe Mart made everything right with no hassle; full refund including shipping costs. Good folks to deal with, it's just such a crap-shoot buying shoes online.

Last edited:

Smithy

I just took delivery of a pair of Palladium Pampa HI’s in their waxy finish. An old injury to one foot means it is rather larger than t’other but at first try on the Palladium’s seem comfortable and adaptable enough and suitable for casual wear around hereabouts.
View attachment 119207

I've mentioned it here before but I've been wearing Palladiums since the late 80s and bloody love them Steve. They're terrific boots, super comfy and they last for yonks and you can really punish them. I reckon you'll love those.

B-Man2

Tim
Based on your opinion I purchased a pair and couldn’t be happier .

Steve
Your factory waxed pair look great . I wonder if I can take a non waxed pair and wax them myself.

Smithy

Tim

Steve
Your factory waxed pair look great . I wonder if I can take a non waxed pair and wax them myself.

Pleased you picked some up Burt! I was pretty sure you'd like them.

Micawber

I've mentioned it here before but I've been wearing Palladiums since the late 80s and bloody love them Steve. They're terrific boots, super comfy and they last for yonks and you can really punish them. I reckon you'll love those.
I had a pair in mind after reading your posts regarding them a while back Tim. So far so good!

Micawber

Tim

Steve
I don't see why not but it may darken them a bit and will prevent your feet from breathing compared to a plain canvas pair. If water ingress is what you are thinking I believe I would go for a more tech based waterproofer.

Chandler

Anyone have any experience with Parkhurst boots?

I just received a marketing email with their new fall line of boots and they have a model (the Niagra) that's very similar to the Alden Indy -- and $200 cheaper.

Their leather comes from Spain, but I guess they manufacture here in the U.S. Their product looks pretty nice.

B-Man2

Anyone have any experience with Parkhurst boots?

I just received a marketing email with their new fall line of boots and they have a model (the Niagra) that's very similar to the Alden Indy -- and $200 cheaper.

Their leather comes from Spain, but I guess they manufacture here in the U.S. Their product looks pretty nice.
Just checked out their website .
The Rusty Waxey ones look good .