• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Sideslip

I came across these second hand repros in my size and couldn’t say no. Really comfortable although not sure how much day to day use I can get out of them.

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg
IMG_1430.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpeg
    IMG_1433.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 72

blackrat2

Found a pair of original roughouts…Sam Smith Shoe Corp..Boston June 1943
They look to be unworn with just a slight tear to the tongue of the right boot and a size 10
They are slightly to narrow on first try on and I am wondering if they will stretch or to cut my losses and sell them on
The leather is totally solid and up there with my redwings which is testimony to the quality of them
Will chuck up some pics but any thoughts regarding the fit issue
I intend to wear them despite there age as whilst I appreciate there age I don’t think they fall in the category of say an A2
If your interested in them by all means drop me a DM
IMG_2179.jpeg
IMG_2178.jpeg
IMG_2177.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_2175.jpeg
IMG_2172.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2173.jpeg
    IMG_2173.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52

Grant

Found a pair of original roughouts…Sam Smith Shoe Corp..Boston June 1943
They look to be unworn with just a slight tear to the tongue of the right boot and a size 10
They are slightly to narrow on first try on and I am wondering if they will stretch or to cut my losses and sell them on
The leather is totally solid and up there with my redwings which is testimony to the quality of them
Will chuck up some pics but any thoughts regarding the fit issue
I intend to wear them despite there age as whilst I appreciate there age I don’t think they fall in the category of say an A2
If your interested in them by all means drop me a DM

What an amazing find! These are truly in dead stock condition which makes them very rare to find. Just a word of warning from personal experience, if you're going to attempt wearing them the 80 year old soles tends to easily crack and split if worn with even the slightest wear. However, these would be awesome as part of a display!

blackrat2

Thanks guys yes they are pretty much NOS
I think given the width they are probably gonna be sold on
I’ve simply not had much luck with roughouts fit wise, scored some replicas but they were slightly off fit wise so maybe time to buy some new ones
Anyone know of some good replicas ideally UK based as got massively stung on the originals which I got from Germany

MikeyB-17

I was so incensed that a pair of RedWing Beckman’s that an Exeter vintage shop were selling for a steal weren’t my size, that I went home and bought these black Iron Rangers from EBay. Wanted a pair for a while, and these have been nicely broken in, but with very little wear-I’ve heard they can be buggers to break in, but they’ve been comfortable as soon as I put them on. I was also a bit concerned at people saying you should order a size down or the like, but again, no problem, they’re my standard size and they’re fine. My only minor quibble is that the cork soles are smooth without any grip, but I don’t know if it bothers me enough to do anything about it. When they need a resole I’ll probably do something then.
IMG_3384.jpeg

Chandler

FWIW -- I bought the Iron Rangers in my usual size and once they broke in I understood why some folks size down half a size.

I just wear thicker socks with them, but I'll size down by half (as I did with my Parkhursts) if I ever get another pair of RWs.

YMMV.