• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

dinomartino1

And on the subject of aussie rules, bluey truscott

B-Man2

Chandler

I just received a pair of Alden 403 "seconds" from the ShoeMart.

My first impression is that these boots are pretty rock solid in construction and the Chromexcel leather is a thing of beauty (my first experience with the hide).

I think they're as heavy as my RW Iron Rangers.

They came late in the day, so I haven't tried them on for fit and feel -- and there are scuffs and scratches I want to document in case I need to return them.

Stay tuned.

B-Man2

I just received a pair of Alden 403 "seconds" from the ShoeMart.

My first impression is that these boots are pretty rock solid in construction and the Chromexcel leather is a thing of beauty (my first experience with the hide).

I think they're as heavy as my RW Iron Rangers.

They came late in the day, so I haven't tried them on for fit and feel -- and there are scuffs and scratches I want to document in case I need to return them.

Stay tuned.
Staying tuned …. Photos when you can .

CombatWombat

German navy fur lined jack boots, often misrepresented as luftwaffe boots, two types, the earlier ones had a leather sole with add on rubber sole, later ones rubber molded soles, came in plain and pebbled finish. Very heavy duty boots used to wear when them when I was a dispatch rider.View attachment 113649View attachment 113651View attachment 113653View attachment 113655View attachment 113657
Thanks Dino!
I can't take photos to save my life, mine are pebble finished with that same sole on them (which is a sight better than the newer ones with the foam mid sole that crumbles to dust in Australia)

D97x7

I had that once with a pair of Viberg engineers, fortunately the nail bent forwards when I squeezed my foot in, in fact I didn't know anything about it until I took them off and my sock stayed in the boot and refused to come out, lucky really or it could have been very messy.

Thomas Koehle

German navy fur lined jack boots, often misrepresented as luftwaffe boots, two types, the earlier ones had a leather sole with add on rubber sole, later ones rubber molded soles, came in plain and pebbled finish. Very heavy duty boots used to wear when them when I was a dispatch rider.View attachment 113649View attachment 113651View attachment 113653View attachment 113655View attachment 113657
Same here:

pretty hard to find but once in a while you get the chance to grap a pair ...

Mine are in US size 11.5 / German size 46 - they where almost unused when i found them - pretty warm in winter

q4JPRcQ.jpg

CombatWombat

Same here:

pretty hard to find but once in a while you get the chance to grap a pair ...

Mine are in US size 11.5 / German size 46 - they where almost unused when i found them - pretty warm in winter

q4JPRcQ.jpg
That's the same as mine.....but in MUCH better condition (I bought mine back in the mid 00's at a flea market in Dresden so god knows what they went through till that point lol)

B-Man2

@B-Man2 -- probably not the sort of pic you wanted to see, but I finally got a good angle with my cell phone into the boot's toe. Customer Service at the Shoe Mart requested an image.
56qYkKi.jpg

Note: no blood on the nail. ;)
Well what did you expect for $640.00 ?;)
Actually the inside of the boot looks new .
I’m thinking that they will have to make that right. Let us know how it comes out ( no
Pun intended):rolleyes:

Chandler

Well what did you expect for $640.00 ?;)
Actually the inside of the boot looks new .
I’m thinking that they will have to make that right. Let us know how it comes out ( no
Pun intended):rolleyes:
The boots are definitely new, just seen some rough handling at some spots -- thus seconds.

The nail, however... :oops:

Just glad I didn't try that one on!

Chandler

I’m thinking that they will have to make that right. Let us know how it comes out.
And just like that...
"Good Afternoon,

"A return shipping label has been sent along to your inbox and a full refund including shipping costs will be refunded upon the return of the order. We apologize for the inconvenience of receiving a shoe with more than regular defects.

"Please let us know if you have any other questions at this time."

B-Man2

And just like that...
"Good Afternoon,

"A return shipping label has been sent along to your inbox and a full refund including shipping costs will be refunded upon the return of the order. We apologize for the inconvenience of receiving a shoe with more than regular defects.

"Please let us know if you have any other questions at this time."
Is there another pair available for purchase or was that the only pair in your size.
Also … without asking what you paid .. were the savings significant enough over what you would have normally paid ($640.00)?

Chandler

Is there another pair available for purchase or was that the only pair in your size.
Also … without asking what you paid .. were the savings significant enough over what you would have normally paid ($640.00)?
I didn't ask for an exchange just because I tried the left boot on and I didn't feel any significant extra arch support for my flat feet -- especially for the cost of the Aldens.

The Shoe Mart's seconds offerings is no secret -- and the items usually sell out fast. The discount is around $200.

And BTW -- new 403/405s are $655 now Burt. ;)o_O

B-Man2

I didn't ask for an exchange just because I tried the left boot on and I didn't feel any significant extra arch support for my flat feet -- especially for the cost of the Aldens.

The Shoe Mart's seconds offerings is no secret -- and the items usually sell out fast. The discount is around $200.

And BTW -- new 403/405s are $655 now Burt. ;)o_O
If Ford had never worn them in the series, what do you think they’d be selling for today?
My guess would be $275.00