• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Enigma1938

Hello John,

the online-shop i bought my boots from has unfortunately closed permanently.

these here look close: https://shop.militaryrange.eu/product/u-s-m43-combat-boots-sand-repro-18541000

i cant say if these are the same..my boots have no company markings in them...
below is what they have stamped in, i think these are the "original" markings these boots had when they were produced for WW2

View attachment 112287
SEMS INC is the manufacturer name which Miltec/Sturm uses on their repros. So you can get these boots everywhere in hundreds of military Shops.

blackrat2

IMG_1841.png

Flightengineer

Proper Palladium soles are very chunky and extremely hard wearing Burt. Here you can see the kind of wear these have accumulated over 9 years. The lining on the inside is shot but they're still wearable.

That much wear and with also booting footballs around and still going!

Bloody love the things.

J4mvx2Z.jpg
Cool. These are mine Pataugas. I bought one pair, I liked it so much that I immediately bought a second one while it was available. The pattern of the sole is differ then on Palladium, but also ideal for walking in the forest, very durable boots and fixing the ankle well.

CombatWombat

I like my palladiums, got a nice black leather pair that looks dressy enough for work trips but casual and comfortable enough to walk for miles in

CombatWombat

Though my "go to" boots to wear with my leather jackets are a pair of (at the time) NOS Dutch "M1948 alikes" or an ancient pair of Swedish toecap boots.
Both are a lovely shade of brown and have a beautiful pebble grain to the leather that I've rarely seen on modern boots

B-Man2

So .. question …. Where are the best Palladium’s made?
So far I’ve seen labels with
Vietnam
China
Taiwan
Are any made in the EU or US?

Smithy

Now that’s “Pass Interference “ for sure :D

Best thing about Aussie Rules are the spectacular "marks" where a player claims a clean catch Burt. I grew up with rugby being a Kiwi but fell in love with Aussie Rules from my years of living in Melbourne. It's a terrific game and I still follow and watch all the Dees (Melbourne Demons) games over the summer here (winter Down Under). Easily the fastest football code in the world.

So .. question …. Where are the best Palladium’s made?
So far I’ve seen labels with
Vietnam
China
Taiwan
Are any made in the EU or US?

Just checked my current pairs and they're made in Vietnam. That said and as you've seen I have no issues.

The Pataugas might be still made in France but you'd have to check that out.

But I've never had a problem with Palladiums personally.

B-Man2

Best thing about Aussie Rules are the spectacular "marks" where a player claims a clean catch Burt. I grew up with rugby being a Kiwi but fell in love with Aussie Rules from my years of living in Melbourne. It's a terrific game and still follow and watch all the Dees (Melbourne Demons) games over the summer here (winter Down Under). Easily the fastest football code in the world.

Just checked my current pairs and they're made in Vietnam. That said and as you've seen I have no issues.

The Pataugas might be still made in France but you'd have to check that out.

But I've never had a problem with Palladiums personally.
Thanks for the info Tim !
On the shoes and on Aussie Football :)

CombatWombat

Haha!
Honestly though I say that because the Swan Club on Darlinghurst Rd used to be pretty friendly with us uniformed folk at Garden Island :cool:
As far as sporting codes in Australia.....I support the Balmain Tigers in rugby league (since I grew up there)
Anything else I never really got into