• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

kev15

Happy New Year everybody! Sorry, I was away for work. I will post those fit pics once I manage to pull myself together.

I also did not want to portray BK in a bad way and was happy to finally get their answer. However, it is really not easy to communicate with them. It does fit in a very slim and snug way. Nevertheless, I should decide to keep the jacket or not in the following days.

Capt

The zipper issue can be fixed with a pair of pliers, but I agree, that type of QC issue shouldn’t happen at this price.
Hi Jan, just noticed your post thanks.
With regards to potentially fixing this issue with pliers does this point to the zipper being deformed at the bottom and needs carefully bending back?

mulceber

Nope, the issue is with the slider. You can google the exact technique, but basically the slider isn't gripping the chain well enough to make the teeth interlock with each other. You need to use the pliers to tighten the slider.

Capt

Nope, the issue is with the slider. You can google the exact technique, but basically the slider isn't gripping the chain well enough to make the teeth interlock with each other. You need to use the pliers to tighten the slider.

Sorry I meant the slider, BK are sending another slider for me to replace this faulty one but I only zipped it up @ 4 times. They couldn’t source the original Conmar zipper and fitted a Talon bell reproduction instead, I just wondered if it could be fixed, THX.

kev15

As of today, the jacket is on its way back to Greece. I can not zip it up and comfortably breath in it, there is absolutely no room for convenience. I would look cool on photos, but not as a jacket to be worn. I am quite interested how smoothly things will go with all the hustle now.

pablo_minuti

As of today, the jacket is on its way back to Greece. I can not zip it up and comfortably breath in it, there is absolutely no room for convenience. I would look cool on photos, but not as a jacket to be worn. I am quite interested how smoothly things will go with all the hustle now.

Hi,
I have mixed feelings on my experience with Bill Kelso products..
Last year I ordered them two jackets: their Dubow 1755 Liberty Horsehide seal, awesome leather, great finish and good fit (although a bit narrow on shoulders) and get a special price on it, so very happy.

Before that, their special A-2 RW Great Escape in Dark Seal... a premium jacket that was a total disaster experience for me. First, the lack of communication, the guy (Andy) was very rude during my size asking, he even told me that I can only sent to them 3 emails during that process! well, this is a premium item and I going to pay 1000 pounds so let me ask whatever I want... Finally, he gave me bad and rude advices about their RW sizes and when the jacket arrived it barely fits me although I am skinny (he told me with my measurements that the jacket gonna be 3 sizes larger than I should be wearing! next time I will ordered a size up of course).

It passed SEVEN MONTHS following ordering before I get some answer from them, email, FB message, no answer before of that. When finally they write to me with some apologies, they told me that "it will take a few days more"... (also told me that the previous guy managing BK communication was retired and and a new one entered, much kind I have to say). A week later, they told me that the shoulder decal has arruined during the process and that they have to make a new jacket, so more time to wait. And finally, they sent the jacket to a wrong address! I understand the long production time but NO WAY this feeling of know nothing about a so expensive item and lack of communication during the process.

Leather is great, but the zip doesn't run properly and some details are rude.. seems that they make this jacket urgently.
Both AAF decals arrived broken.. they said to me it was maybe because of the high temperatures of the summer during shipping, had to be said that following my complain they sent me two new decals without cost, but water-based so had to be replaced with better decals ordered at MASH Japan.

Pablo

Attachments

• 403780549_10160443783539270_9147619269522844986_n.jpg
    403780549_10160443783539270_9147619269522844986_n.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 75

Pa12

Hi,
I have mixed feelings on my experience with Bill Kelso products..
Last year I ordered them two jackets: their Dubow 1755 Liberty Horsehide seal, awesome leather, great finish and good fit (although a bit narrow on shoulders) and get a special price on it, so very happy.

Before that, their special A-2 RW Great Escape in Dark Seal... a premium jacket that was a total disaster experience for me. First, the lack of communication, the guy (Andy) was very rude during my size asking, he even told me that I can only sent to them 3 emails during that process! well, this is a premium item and I going to pay 1000 pounds so let me ask whatever I want... Finally, he gave me bad and rude advices about their RW sizes and when the jacket arrived it barely fits me although I am skinny (he told me with my measurements that the jacket gonna be 3 sizes larger than I should be wearing! next time I will ordered a size up of course).

It passed SEVEN MONTHS following ordering before I get some answer from them, email, FB message, no answer before of that. When finally they write to me with some apologies, they told me that "it will take a few days more"... (also told me that the previous guy managing BK communication was retired and and a new one entered, much kind I have to say). A week later, they told me that the shoulder decal has arruined during the process and that they have to make a new jacket, so more time to wait. And finally, they sent the jacket to a wrong address! I understand the long production time but NO WAY this feeling of know nothing about a so expensive item and lack of communication during the process.

Leather is great, but the zip doesn't run properly and some details are rude.. seems that they make this jacket urgently.
Both AAF decals arrived broken.. they said to me it was maybe because of the high temperatures of the summer during shipping, had to be said that following my complain they sent me two new decals without cost, but water-based so had to be replaced with better decals ordered at MASH Japan.

Pablo
Pretty shitty service for anything let alone something in that price range.

Pa12

Seems like we’re hearing bad story, after bad story about BK. There’s no reason that anyone should have to endure bad treatment just for the “privilege” of buying one of their jackets.
Platon syndrome. They seem to elude arrogance as if to say you’re privileged for us allowing you to buy our product. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and have never experienced it in anything else I’ve ever purchased.

B-Man2

Platon syndrome. They seem to elude arrogance as if to say you’re privileged for us allowing you to buy our product. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and have never experienced it in anything else I’ve ever purchased.
When the company first started out they were not like this. They had a good product and good customer service. People were very happy with the company. But it seems that after Covid hit the world things changed dramatically with BK. At least that how I remember things .

pablo_minuti

Of course just my own experience, the other jacket (the Dubow) went right and the shipping fast but it's true that they already have it on stock, not have to be ordered and made as was the RW Capt Hilts.
The new BK customer service guy (Pete) has answered all my messages since then.

leper-colony

When the company first started out they were not like this. They had a good product and good customer service. People were very happy with the company. But it seems that after Covid hit the world things changed dramatically with BK. At least that how I remember things .
Never an issue w/Platon, who seemed to bill himself as a consultant, not employee. Andy seemed to always rub me the wrong way.

Pa12

Quite possible. Lack of good workers is apparent everywhere since Covid.

Pa12

Never an issue w/Platon, who seemed to bill himself as a consultant, not employee. Andy seemed to always rub me the wrong way.
Does bk require full payment up front like Platon? The shitty customer service could be easier to swallow if they were working on a deposit. The two companies are obviously linked. Payment and invoice for Platon is bill kelso. I had to pay full payment, including shipping up front. Then zero contact until it was sent a few months later. Totally unacceptable to me and would never do it again. They’re certainly not the only game in town.

Members online

Latest posts