• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

JonnyCrow

MV5BMjIxMTE4NDMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA2NTU3MTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Waldo Pepper

John Luder

No one really knew much and cared less about the details of a G-1 jacket back in those days. I doubt if most knew the differences between Dynel and Mouton collars
Sure as hell we do now. Disappointing, but not surprising, my 5 star 6552s have synthetic collars. I want to fade the beat-up one, but sun alone isn't doing the trick. I tried a costumer's trick of bleach, water, and hydrogen peroxide. When damp, place it in the sun. This has worked for natural fabrics in the past, but mixed results with the synthetic. Fortunately, it's that jacket that I distressed last year, and I can bide my time and proceed recklessly and not be devastated by the results. So far, applying the mix works better in a spray bottle, and rubbed into the 'fur'. Not evenly faded yet, but there's time.
Cheers.
John

LJDRVR

IMG_6373.jpeg

Frank Tallman, 1957 in San Diego. Not a movie star, or famous, but in plenty of movies exhibiting flying skill, to include most of the aviation movie flying associated with the actors pictured in these threads. Actual Naval Aviator. The real deal. (Of course Steve McQueen was also a capable pilot)

Last edited:

ZuZu

View attachment 120389
Frank Tallman, 1957 in San Diego. Not a movie star, or famous, but in plenty of movies exhibiting flying skill, to include most of the aviation movie flying associated with the actors pictured in these threads. Actual Naval Aviator. The real deal. (Of course Steve McQueen was also a capable pilot)
Pretty sure this is 1967- the gold colored paperclip zipper on the G-1 is anachronistic for 1957. They built this replica then for something. Again- sorry to be a know-it-all dick!