• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

ZuZu

It's a Dubow. I think one epaulet has the 'X' box cut. If you watch the episode you can see it clearly. His outfit is a perfect encapsulation of US style back then. Kinda what I
was going for but I didn't have as spectacular a hair hat!
I'm not 100% on this. In some episodes he wears a civilian A-2 with the arm seam. But i"m sure Iv'e seen a Dubow also. I'll try to find it.

ZuZu

Jeff Conaway on "Taxi", looks like an original A-2View attachment 115461View attachment 115463
He has 2 jackets in the show (or more). There's a Dubow:

$    DDD.JPG

$    D.JPG

$    DD.JPG

and there's a civilian jobber:

$    A.JPG

Chandler

Seen 'Sahara' to the point of memorization...Will check out 'The story of G.I. Joe' ...Have not seen this one.
I'm surprised at the discrepancy in your experience -- I remember watching both films (and to that memorization point myself -- the Sahara soundtrack is embedded in my head) on television quite a bit in the 70s.

But thinking on it, G.I. Joe wasn't as prevalent on local late night movie shows as Sahara -- or Battleground, for that matter.

G.I. Joe is highly recommended, though. I jumped when it was made available on DVD.

ZuZu

Warren Oates. Season 2 Ep. 6 12 O'clock High TV. This show is great for looking at originals (mostly) being worn 20 or so years after the war. They still look pliable and useable;

Warren wears a great Rough Wear- that potato sack shape, the meesed up collar- classic!
With a bit of work you could get a current GW to look pretty much like this but it would have to have the right leather, a tight waistband and a bit more body than is common on many GW RWs.

$     cccd.JPG

$     ccffd.JPG

$     ccssdd.JPG

2 RWs!