• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
b7cb39f0ea23fa3f3c9d4a7f8e54deb3.jpg

Marv

All cool except IMO Stallone! Size of that collar and not a very good B3 but that's Avirex for you, I would say Jeff Clyman missed an opportunity as he could have got it so right but got it so wrong yet probably still did well - always amuses and frustrates me when Avirex and vintage are used in the same descriptions on EBay!! But back on the theme, McQueen and Wagner while looking cool with the lovely Shirley Ann Field, I'm not sure about Wagner's boots though!!!

Haha, unlike Mcqueen rocking his favourite snuff suede Chukka boots, the king of cool indeed.

Micawber

Gable spent some time at Bassingbourn with the 91st and featured in a number of PR shots with the Birdsong crew with B-17F "Delta Rebel No2". He was also filmed firing a waist .50 in a a B-17 into an earth butt on one of the original frying pan hardstands. The hardstand and butt is still there complete with tie down rings, the bank still contains plenty of spent rounds. The base remains in military hands along with associated security.
Clarke Gable  7-6-43.jpg

taikonaut

Robert Pattinson (for the younger viewers !! )

View attachment 5363

I have an original WW2 Dubow that looks exactly like the one worn by Robert Pattinson, fresh condition and similar leather grain. The name tag and stitch is also removed just like his. The lining on mine is better and whole with one minor tear. I have not got around to wear it and I had it for over 10yrs. It has no provenance that I'm aware off and for me it is ripe for wearing and it has not even been broken into much.
For such a jacket should I leave it as it is or is it a "No No" to replace the missing name tag and patch?

Silver Surfer

its yours to do with as you see fit. no doubt you will get lotsa opinions, but most of the purists have left the vlj for the greener pastures of fb.