• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B3 jackets collars and fleece colouring

B-Man2

I think we all agree that the slightly yellowish fleece is the most pleasing.
Most of the time ……. But there is the occasional exception .;)

IMG_2193.jpeg

Dumpster D

View attachment 134629

I think it’s colorized, though

His Jacket's got a couple good blowouts. MK VII Goggles minus the flip shield, good trade. Flight helmet has Press stud mods for upgraded oxygen mask rig. ( Probably removed those five 'hooks' that came stock with the B-6 helmet. ) I wonder if he's a gunner?

Nice name stencil, and I absolutely LOVE how he's eating a sandwich with dirt under his nails!!! And I got that same Canteen cup too...The gloves look like F-2 electrical gloves but I can't say, also an unusual colored plug on his earphones..I can't tell what color but it's unusual.

He reminds me of my cousin actually, a skydive instructor.

Anyway, what kind of Sandwich you think he's got? Egg salad or PB and J?

...and...Tea or Coffee???

Last edited:

Dumpster D

Digging through some files, I noticed these photos. look at the fleece colour, you can see two shades of fleece tone. It was earlier mentioned it's distinctively pinkish hue possibly due to the tanning?

I have a few more photos of the jacket. Might as well post them all. What a beauty. Not even broken in.

221.jpg

33333332222222222222.jpg

222455.jpg
2222.jpg
$_5733333.jpg

235.jpg
2352525.jpg
$_574432.jpg

flyincowboy

Digging through some files, I noticed these photos. look at the fleece colour, you can see two shades of fleece tone. It was earlier mentioned it's distinctively pinkish hue possibly due to the tanning?

I have a few more photos of the jacket. Might as well post them all. What a beauty. Not even broken in.

View attachment 134723

View attachment 134725

View attachment 134727View attachment 134729View attachment 134731

View attachment 134733View attachment 134735View attachment 134737
WHAT a beauty !

flyincowboy

Nope don't think so if you look closely it appears that the fleece is light honey colored. A while ago talking to an old mechanic ... been told that at the end of the war they put all of these shearling jackets in pile pour a jerry can of gazoline and lit the fire. They were given an order! they just burned them ! Some were soiled with oil dirt and grime , some were in descent wearable condition. that was for most of all shearling D1 B3 B6 and pants a sad end!

Dumpster D

Here is a good one to show the 'aging' of the fleece, look at the blown areas inside the sleeve and body showing the fleece colour is not Grungy and yellowed. ( I recently posted this zipper slider in the knick-knacks hanging of your zipper thread) Can't find the 'tag' closeup photo of course, any guesses?

s-l1600-11.jpg

gggrggth.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Here is a good one to show the 'aging' of the fleece, look at the blown areas inside the sleeve and body showing the fleece colour is not Grungy and yellowed. ( I recently posted this zipper slider in the knick-knacks hanging of your zipper thread) Can't find the 'tag' closeup photo of course, any guesses?

Flak damage...;)

Pa12

I hope they fixed the gas tank and protruding bolt on rear axel issue.
Who knows. They were a piece of shit when they were new and now they’re just an older piece of shit. Can’t imagine why anyone would want one. Unless , like back in the day, they want to throw a big block in it for a real scary dragster.

B-Man2

Who knows. They were a piece of shit when they were new and now they’re just an older piece of shit. Can’t imagine why anyone would want one. Unless , like back in the day, they want to throw a big block in it for a real scary dragster.
I guarantee you that someplace … somewhere….someone .. is collecting those damn things :)

B-Man2

Just heard this the other day from my wife
FORD stands for Fix Or Repair Daily .
Never heard that before … I’m sure you guys have but somehow I didn’t get the memo!:oops: