• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's long-awaited M-422A (NXs. 416) pics and review

Saint-ex

If I missed it my apologies but how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
Trying to figure out the measurements of a size 48 vs size 50 .
Here are my body measurement following JC's recommandations.

1701167111492.png

Here it's me, wearing a size 50 AVI M-422A :

1701167280495.png
1701167289738.png
1701167297062.png

xontros85

I made a review video for my YT channel (Reflected Simulations) . Excuse all the hums and errs, English is not my native language and I was often looking for the right word:

Hi there Greg
Just saw your video and as I’m up to order one and request for a collar stencil..do u believe that the stencil is “correct”? size , fonts and position..have saw random photos of original and high end repros and most of them have the stencil on the side of the collar / not on the center..is it possible to post a photo of it ? Thanks in advance
Regards
Giannis

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    819.7 KB · Views: 51

Greg Gale

I don't have the jacket with me at the moment, and tbh I never thought about whether it's correct. I assume it was always added on the field/ ship so the placement varied.

Enigma1938

I don't have the jacket with me at the moment, and tbh I never thought about whether it's correct. I assume it was always added on the field/ ship so the placement varied.
Not at all, each contractor had his own place, font and color to add the stencils and did it right in their own production. You can mostly tell the manufacturer just from looking at the stencil. Depending on the year a jacket was manufactured there can be slightly differences (font, color US or USN...) with each manufacturer

xontros85

Not at all, each contractor had his own place, font and color to add the stencils and did it right in their own production. You can mostly tell the manufacturer just from looking at the stencil. Depending on the year a jacket was manufactured there can be slightly differences (font, color US or USN...) with each manufacturer
Is this photo I posted before, correct for that jacket ?

xontros85

Pictures of my original M-422A Gordon & Ferguson :

View attachment 134369

View attachment 134371

Measurements I took on my jacket :

View attachment 134373
Pictures of my original M-422A Gordon & Ferguson :

View attachment 134369

View attachment 134371

Measurements I took on my jacket :

View attachment 134373
Is it possible to take a measurement from the center seam of the collar just to find the right position? Many thanks in advance
IMG_3910.jpeg