• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's long-awaited M-422A (NXs. 416) pics and review

Kermit3D

Is it possible to take a measurement from the center seam of the collar just to find the right position? Many thanks in advance View attachment 134375

Sorry for the delay, I just measured, there are 27 millimeters between the center seam of the collar and the beginning of the letter U of USN.
Of course, this only applies to the M-422A manufactured by Gordon & Ferguson.

Note that the position of the "USN" on the collar may vary slightly. Sometimes the "USN" is almost at the edge of the upper part of the collar (as on my jacket), sometimes it is well centered.
Here are some more photos to illustrate my point (only Gordon & Ferguson M-422A) :

b7dafdc4-3f90-4b7e-9a36-dc8fbd13fbb0-jpeg.70331

4dcb3b231218bcd0130212bcb7190505.jpg

Last edited:

RAFpilot

Hello guys!
And finaly i received it too. I got my Avi Leather M422 Flight Jacket. firstly i would like to mention that i am extremely happy with the jacket, really very well made, nice shade of seal brown, well sewn, so Morten did a really good job. based on some of your advice, I ordered a size 48 and size 50, planning to return the one that is too small, but it turned out that both are similar sizes for my body measurements, so I just decided to keep both sizes.
I wqs thinking that size 48 can be used together with a T-shirt with or a thinner sweater, and I will use size 50 with a combination of a thicker knitted sweater. I am attaching some photos of size 48 M422 on me.

If you see any white dots on photo, this is from my camera not on jacket.

what do you think ?

Attachments

• 20240120_091832.jpg
    20240120_091832.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • 20240120_092527.jpg
    20240120_092527.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 20240120_091847.jpg
    20240120_091847.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Hello guys!
And finaly i received it too. I got my Avi Leather M422 Flight Jacket. firstly i would like to mention that i am extremely happy with the jacket, really very well made, nice shade of seal brown, well sewn, so Morten did a really good job. based on some of your advice, I ordered a size 48 and size 50, planning to return zhe one that is too small, but it turned out that both are similar sizes for my body measurements, so I just decided to keep both sizes.
I wqs thinking that size 48 can be used together with a T-shirt with or a thinner sweater, and I will use size 50 with a combination of a thicker knitted sweater. I am attaching some photos of size 48 M422 on me.

what do you think ?
Nice fit!

I do not know much much of a difference the 48 is to the 50 but i'd keep the one you're wearing on the pics and send the other one back ...

RAFpilot

Nice fit!

I do not know much much of a difference the 48 is to the 50 but i'd keep the one you're wearing on the pics and send the other one back ...

Well its not big difference for me, i tried 48 and 50 with a thicker knitted sweater and it turned out that size 50 fits perfectly with thicker sweater too.
Will update in you with some photos of size 50 in a few days, due im currently at work trip.

Last edited:

xontros85

Hello guys!
And finaly i received it too. I got my Avi Leather M422 Flight Jacket. firstly i would like to mention that i am extremely happy with the jacket, really very well made, nice shade of seal brown, well sewn, so Morten did a really good job. based on some of your advice, I ordered a size 48 and size 50, planning to return the one that is too small, but it turned out that both are similar sizes for my body measurements, so I just decided to keep both sizes.

what do you think ?
Great fit
I’m waiting mine as well
Seems we have similar height/ measurements
190cm / 6.2” and 42-43 chest
Hope to fit that great
(Order 48 like my hh bronco)

xontros85

Finally my avi m422a arrived today
I’m a noob and This is my 2nd flight jacket and 1st goat
Looks great and the color is outstanding
Kind regret for taking the bronco in russet brown as the seal brown it’s a beauty
Many thanks to @Brettafett for those great reviews and his time to answer my million questions..much appreciated sir
I’m bit worry about the fit
I’m 190cm(6.2”) and 42-43” chest
Order 48 same with my avi bronco
Excuse me in advance for the photos quality
The only available persons was my 2.5yo , my 9months sons and my 67yo mother who haven’t got even a mobile phone
Looks good to me but I was worry about the lower back area ..feel and looks baggy
Forgot to mention that I’m wearing a Tshirt under the jacket
Thanks in advance

IMG_4096.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4113.jpeg
IMG_4081.jpeg
IMG_4067.jpeg
IMG_4046.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4142.jpeg
IMG_4149.jpeg

Last edited:

Brettafett

That appears to be a great fit. Dont worry about the back, its fine.
These weren't supposed to be trim (like some of the later G-1s)
You appear to be able to cross your arms quite comfortably, thats a good thing.
Lengths look perfect to me also.
Main question is, is it comfortable to wear for you?

xontros85

That appears to be a great fit. Dont worry about the back, its fine.
These weren't supposed to be trim (like some of the later G-1s)
You appear to be able to cross your arms quite comfortably, thats a good thing.
Lengths look perfect to me also.
Main question is, is it comfortable to wear for you?
Super comfortable! That’s y I was a bit worried:) i was used to the a-2 fitting and this super comfy jacket was a bit strange , lol