AVI LTHR G-1 - sizes 40/42

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Greg Gale, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Looking good Sir. Love the bike, but have to ask whats with the number plate ;)

2. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

Thomas, that looks like a perfect fit, congrats!

3. Greg Gale

Guys, I'm having second thoughts about the 42. Now that the weather permits, I'm wearing it more and more, and it feels too big. Sleeves are longer than I'd like them to be, and the waist knit almost covers my pockets. I don't feel it has that flattering trim G-1 look. Do you think HWT would work on goatskin? with the patches on it may not be a great idea though.

IMG_1508.JPG

Flightengineer, Brettafett and Pilot like this.
  4. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Well-Known Member

I think it´s the perfect fit!!! That's how my jackets fit and that is how I like it. The only thing I do not like about this jacket (but this is due to the replicated model of jacket) are the shoulders. I think they are to broad. Otherwise I wouldn't change anything.

But if you decide to change anything, maybe you want go give it a run in the washing machine? I would be really interested in a "live documentation" of that process - check my thread "options wanted on Lost Worlds G-1". I have put up a link toi washed jackets.

Greg Gale and Brettafett like this.
  5. Brettafett

Would not HWT the jacket. I don't think goat is as susceptible to HWT... Personally, I think the jacket looks great on you!
    Very similar fit, but better... to the jacket Tom Cruise wore in TG. It did not cost you two children and looks really cool. Keep it, wear it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Greg Gale likes this.
  6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Second the comment of Earl and Brett: just browsed back to your comparison pics and still think that the 42 fits you better - good choice for the size for me

7. Greg Gale

Hmm.. maybe I just got too used to my A-2 fitting like a 2nd skin?

Can goatskin sleeves develop creases and shorten with wear, like they usually do on A-2s?

8. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Well-Known Member

42 better than 40 100% :)

Brettafett likes this.
  9. Brettafett

Over-ruled Greg :D You have to hang on to it now...

Greg Gale likes this.
  10. Brent

Brent Active Member

All my issued G-1's tend to look and fit a bit longer compared to A-2's. I would say yours looks as it should and if they are too short you get the "big guy in a little coat" look.

Regards,

11. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

My sleeves on the „improved“ AVI G1 are currently developing those creases and my impression is the get shorter a thad - is not that they „shrink“ but at the beginning my watch was covered by the sleeve and right now is stuck under the knitting so I think they get shorter ...

Greg Gale likes this.
  12. Kennyz

Kennyz Active Member

Greg the fit looks spot on. No need for a smaller size.

Ken

Greg Gale likes this.
  13. Brettafett

I just received mine back from some 'upgrading'. Replaced zip and seamless Seal knit (From Larry... ). Will post in my AVI G-1 review when I get a chance.
    The cuffs could have been taken in a bit, but thats my fault. Still, its all round comfy.
    IMG_20181022_125046004.jpg

14. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Well-Known Member

That looks spot on to me, both on body length and sleeves.

Greg Gale likes this.
  15. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Active Member

If you think this jacket is too big on you Greg, you are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture, and hypothesis. Fit couldn't be better. Don't you dare do the HWT on this quality G-1. I'm serious.

Greg Gale likes this.
  16. Greg Gale

Thanks guys, looks like I’ve been overruled. :D I’m just gonna wear the heck out of it, then.

Kennyz likes this.
  17. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Greg
    I’m a little late to the party however , I’m in agreement with all of the above. That G-1 fits nicely. There’s trim and then there’s tight. Your jacket looks trim to me. As an older guy I might share with you that these jackets last for quite a while, and I’ve found that over the years strangely enough, somehow jackets that I though were trim on me are now tight and very tight!
    It’s a strange phenomenon how this happens, but it seems to happen to other guys as well. So enjoy your trim jacket knowing that one day it may very well be a tight fitting jacket;)

Greg Gale likes this.