AVI LTHR G-1 - sizes 40/42

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Greg Gale, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Persimmon

Persimmon Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you would have to sell it at $200-225.
    If the trade price is $65 and I assume trade means retailers/ manufacturers such as yourself why can’t Aero in this case sell them for the $130-150 mark.
    Or is that down to taxes etc

If their is no manufacture element for Aero it’s a quick turnaround back outto the customer. Ship in ship out.
    Given that most customers purchasing jackets from more premium retailers expect a degree of waiting time to receive their new jacket you could not even hold any stock and just take the orders and have them “make to order”

Still profitable though. Or would that not work for the business model as it may call into question the differences in price point of the standard UK made jackets.

It certainly does call in to question buying from AVI as mentioned if it is the same sort jacket at a much higher customer cost price. Mind you that argument could keep going ... buying jackets from other retailer manufacturers.

2. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

£11 shipping on the A-1, no charges at all on the G-1

3. Ken at Aero Leather

Yes, shipping, duties taxes, pensions, SNP taxes etc
    Standard Trade mark up is X 2.5, $65 + duties (maybe $90 tops) x 2.5 $225
    Aero try where possible to stick to x 2 (100%) , our retailers don't even manage that
    DKYN work on X 15
    Cabourn works on X 6
    AVI apparently work on X 5

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    nkang likes this.
  4. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Well, its good to see your approval of the jacket, seems AVI did a good job after all (if that is their jacket).

I looked on Five Stars Ebay site and a G-1, A-1 and a couple of A-2s are there yes, but don't look to be up to the standard of AVI's actual jackets... The G-1 on the FSL website looks nothing like the jacket above. Almost like the FSL one has been 'upgraded'....??!
    Also, the 'Bronco' clearly is not to the std of AVI's, the labels, studs and snaps are all wrong.
    I wonder how much extra it would cost to develop and add a relatively 'authentic' label, repro M-39 Talon zipper and CARR studs etc ...

They even have a weird looking M422a in there ;) Watch, if AVI decides to make an M422a, suddenly there will be an 'upgraded' M422a there ;)
    I wonder when a Perry A-2 will suddenly appear on Five Star's website...

Still, interesting stuff...

Greg Gale likes this.
  5. Ken at Aero Leather

Agreed their website pictures are sh*t and even if they have learnt a thing or two from the AVI "Danish Design" it's obvious to me who is gaining the most financially from the project!

6. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Not me ;)

7. Ken at Aero Leather

I was referring to AVI.................but did I accidentaly hit a nerve?

8. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

I just picked up my AVI LTHR Bronco A-2 from the post office this afternoon and I'm happier than a dog with two dongers with it :D I'll post a thread when I take some decent pics, although it may have to wait until after the weekend as I'm going fishing.

9. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Tim
    Did you get the Seal or the Russett?

10. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

I got the seal Burt and it's stunning. It's a lovely chocolate brown, about a shade lighter than the seal goat of my MASH A-10 gloves. I was after a nice mid brown and this fits the bill perfectly. The sizing is absolutely spot on (I obviously would have been a 44'' back in 1942!) .

I'm just absolutely thrilled with it, I've had a smile like a Cheshire cat ever since I got it this afternoon and I couldn't be happier :D

Technonut2112, Greg Gale and B-Man2 like this.
  11. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

Oh, stop teasing us, let's see that beauty! :)

12. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

It'll have to be a shitty mobile phone pic from the depths of the man cave for now. Let me get a beer first and I'll see what I can rustle up...

13. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

As I said rubbish mobile phone camera pic in the darkened depths of Chez Moi. The colour is entirely off (in natural light it's a chocolate brown) but this is it. As I said I'll make a thread for it here in the Repros section and put some nice pics in natural light. As I said I only got it this arvo but I'm simply thrilled with it.

[​IMG]

PS - Sorry for hijacking your thread Greg ;)

14. nkang

nkang Active Member

@Ken at Aero Leather Thanks a lot for sharing the G1 you got.

Fur collar and knits are different from my AVI G1 (definitely better-looking). But the color of the leather and the overall impression of the cut seems to me to be the same. Honestly, I'm not too happy. I already had to sew on the pocket buttons myself as they went loose, and one of my pocket flaps is peeling where the two pieces are glued together.

15. nkang

nkang Active Member

Actually, since it's so popular I'll post mine for sale here. Anyone interested in taking over mine? €170 + shipping it's yours.
    Below a picture of its current state:
    [​IMG]

Greg Gale likes this.
  16. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

I just received the replacement knits from Larry, they are amazing! I still have to wait for the nametag and the patches though, which still haven't arrived after 2 weeks. I'm starting to worry. Robin Hood's gang was a more honest and reliable lot than the Hungarian postal "service" :/

Pilot likes this.
  17. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

got "my" AVI G1 last week - shipping within Europe was 2 days

I ordered a 44 and a 46 coz I was not sure about the sizing and keep the 46

the smaller jacket was sent back to Denmark and refund was on my PP account within less than 10 days

as for me the jacket is really nice - leather is thick with a nice graining - the mouton collar looks way better than the one on the "5 Star" pics

knits are of different weave than I saw on originals and on the ELC versions but I like the AVI-knits more than the original versions coz they seem more durable over time to me - OK maybe not 100% period correct but even better when riding a bike or using here

overall compared to the high end (and high price) makers around I think the jacket is worth the money I spent and I'm really pleased with it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry - no pics in upright / standing position available coz jacket is in Germany and I'm back to work in Mexico

btw: just checkd the AVI hp and found they have the A1 and their A2`s also available in 48 - maybe they also plan for a 48 version of the G1????

Saludos

Thomas

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  18. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Looks awesome Thomas and the fit looks perfect. Not their G-1 but I love my AVI Bronco, it's become one of my favourite jackets.

And those gloves of yours are classic :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Thomas Koehle likes this.
  19. Dubpynchon

Dubpynchon Active Member

I'm a sucker for a G-1 and that one looks as good as my Eastman. Well done.

20. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

second that - I had a M422 from ELC for comparison (yep not a G1 but similar somehow) and found they ain`t that far from each other