• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR G-1 - sizes 40/42

Greg Gale

Guys, I'm having second thoughts about the 42. Now that the weather permits, I'm wearing it more and more, and it feels too big. Sleeves are longer than I'd like them to be, and the waist knit almost covers my pockets. I don't feel it has that flattering trim G-1 look. Do you think HWT would work on goatskin? with the patches on it may not be a great idea though.

IMG_1508.JPG

Earloffunk

I think it´s the perfect fit!!! That's how my jackets fit and that is how I like it. The only thing I do not like about this jacket (but this is due to the replicated model of jacket) are the shoulders. I think they are to broad. Otherwise I wouldn't change anything.

But if you decide to change anything, maybe you want go give it a run in the washing machine? I would be really interested in a "live documentation" of that process - check my thread "options wanted on Lost Worlds G-1". I have put up a link toi washed jackets.

Brettafett

Would not HWT the jacket. I don't think goat is as susceptible to HWT... Personally, I think the jacket looks great on you!
Very similar fit, but better... to the jacket Tom Cruise wore in TG. It did not cost you two children and looks really cool. Keep it, wear it.

Last edited:

Greg Gale

Hmm.. maybe I just got too used to my A-2 fitting like a 2nd skin?

Can goatskin sleeves develop creases and shorten with wear, like they usually do on A-2s?

Thomas Koehle

Hmm.. maybe I just got too used to my A-2 fitting like a 2nd skin?

Can goatskin sleeves develop creases and shorten with wear, like they usually do on A-2s?

My sleeves on the „improved“ AVI G1 are currently developing those creases and my impression is the get shorter a thad - is not that they „shrink“ but at the beginning my watch was covered by the sleeve and right now is stuck under the knitting so I think they get shorter ...

MeachamLake

Guys, I'm having second thoughts about the 42. Now that the weather permits, I'm wearing it more and more, and it feels too big. Sleeves are longer than I'd like them to be, and the waist knit almost covers my pockets. I don't feel it has that flattering trim G-1 look. Do you think HWT would work on goatskin? with the patches on it may not be a great idea though.

View attachment 10553

That looks spot on to me, both on body length and sleeves.

Garylafortuna

If you think this jacket is too big on you Greg, you are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture, and hypothesis. Fit couldn't be better. Don't you dare do the HWT on this quality G-1. I'm serious.

B-Man2

Greg
I’m a little late to the party however , I’m in agreement with all of the above. That G-1 fits nicely. There’s trim and then there’s tight. Your jacket looks trim to me. As an older guy I might share with you that these jackets last for quite a while, and I’ve found that over the years strangely enough, somehow jackets that I though were trim on me are now tight and very tight!
It’s a strange phenomenon how this happens, but it seems to happen to other guys as well. So enjoy your trim jacket knowing that one day it may very well be a tight fitting jacket;)

Greg Gale

The darn zipper got a bit messed up. For the last couple of days it was difficult to zip it up, and yesterday I noticed that the cipper doesn't pull the two faces together. Any advice please? :( Is there a quick fix I can apply at home? I sure won't replace the zipper before moving away next week.

Brettafett

The label is an exact copy of their original 55J14, I've seen pics of them side by side. Greg, as myself, had the knit replaced with double ply knit for the waistband for better wear.

EDIT: Sorry Greg, can't help you there. I've been lucky enough never to have this happen to me. Not sure what I'd do. Looking forward to some feedback from the Lounge.

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

Greg, about a year ago I purchased a BR G-1 from Charles at HPA, and it had the same zipper problem as yours. Charles told me to take a long nose pliers and very gently tighten up the slider on each side, but using a very light hand. It worked. Take a good look at it first as it could be too tight in which case you need to pry it apart a little with a screwdriver. Hope this helps.
Don't you dare size down.