• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF's 'new' B-10 & B-15 are now available

Peter242

Ive been looking for a secondhand ELC B-10 in a 42 for ages. These never come up.
Secondhand Buzz's often do, but one never knows what condition it is coming from Japan, and then ones from the US/ UK... $$££ may as well buy another Bronson.
Same here - surely not such long time as you, but also for 6 month or so. Isar not a single one from Eastman. As I need a size 48, it seems I will never find even a buzz Rickson. For me it seems the only way to get a affordable b-10 jacket which I can wear is a bronson, 5star or now atf. I‘m really looking for your review, as they are always on point. Thanks for those.

Brettafett

Yes, ATF may be a good call. Their sizing is a bit generous, so the XL should work for you... not sure Bronson or Bog D go that big.

Obviously we wait and see, but it does irk me when companies who can make these jackets, or can have them made, cant or dont at least make the effort to get the basic detailing right.
I understand if you are making a budget version, so cant offer NOS zippers and hardware etc, but at least get the pattern and styling right. Lets see.

Micawber

You really do have to pounce quick if you see an ELC B10 in the right size come up. BR's are a bit short in the body, which is saying something as I am not tall by any means and larger sizes are an issue. All of this means I'm hanging onto both my ELC & BR B10's whereas I sold my Bronson recently.
Nothing much wrong with the Bronson jacket per se, it looked even better after being worn hard and washed a couple of times, I think it was good value ... except for the arms!! I found the sleeves to be far too padded which made the thing feel cumbersome and awkward when doing anything physical requiring use of my arms. I thought about opening up the sleeve lining to remove any interlining but I couldn't detect any so presume the bulkiness is purely down the the thickness of the actual furry lining. In the end I decided that trying to remedy the sleeves was just not worth the effort so it went to a new home.
The furry Teddy bear lining would put me off chancing one of the ATF versions so a review will be of interest and appreciated :)

Brettafett

Right with you there Steve, on all accounts.

In the last 2 years, I think Ive seen only 1 or 2 ELC B-10s pop up for sale. I cant wear a BR due to the short length for my lanky frame.
Real McCoys could work and make a decent B-10, but again... Finding one in the right size, in the right condition, at the right price...

If something happened to my ELC B-10, Id buy another. That said, ELC needs to re-source their mouton. 5* and AVI's jacket's have better mouton.

But lets see. This ATF is not trying to be an original or an ELC, its $189
Im curious about the lining, if its soft and comfortable then it may suit for everyday wear.
My real concern is sizing (and import duties!?!), I wont return this, postage alone is 1/4 the price, so if it doesn't fit then its another 'pass' to a new home at expense.
My curiosity is an expensive trait.

Smithy

Im curious about the lining, if its soft and comfortable then it may suit for everyday wear.

If it's the same stuff as they used in the previous run it's ultra soft and comfortable to wear, warm too. Looks better in the flesh too although it'll never pass as alpaca.

ausreenactor

M
Spot on Chandler. These need to be approached with the same mind as his fleece lined tankers.

That reminds me, I really should pick up a fleece tanker when they're next on sale. Everybody here who has one has pretty much raved about them.
Memorial Day coming up?

ausreenactor

Its my own fault, never again.

Import fees come to £64.63 !!!!!

So the jacket costs $189.99
Plus shipping $45.50
Import fees $91+
Total $326.50

F••k me
Need a care icon. The shipping detracts from a well priced garment. Yahoo Buzz Rickson B-10 for the same price..

Peter242

Plus shipping $45.50
Import fees $91+
Total $326.50

F••k me
Thats hard - do you already got the jacket. Or only the invoice for the import fees? Do you know how the import fees for bronson jackets from China are?

Brettafett

Hey Peter,

Invoice. Jackets on its way. Already paid the postage, no point not accepting it and having to chase it around the world. Better bladdy-well fit!

Ive bought a couple of jackets from both Bronson and Bob Dong - free postage, no import duties. Easy
AVI LTHR - same, free postage, no imports, free returns etc. Easy

This US stuff is too damn hard!

Peter242

i bough
Hey Peter,

Invoice. Jackets on its way. Already paid the postage, no point not accepting it and having to chase it around the world. Better bladdy-well fit!

Ive bought a couple of jackets from both Bronson and Bob Dong - free postage, no import duties. Easy
AVI LTHR - same, free postage, no imports, free returns etc. Easy

This US stuff is too damn hard!
i ve bought a leather belt some week ago - about 110 € plus 25€ for shipping. And some day after i be got the belt — the invoice for the fees and taxes came...+35€. The belt is great in all Ways - but ...the extra costs are really hard

Micawber

Plus shipping $45.50
Import fees $91+
Total $326.50

F••k me

Good grief! The import fees now are simply outrageous, shipping too. That said at least with shipping you are paying for a service, import duties are simply an arbitrary tax or levy.

Smithy

Plus shipping $45.50
Import fees $91+
Total $326.50

F••k me

That's utterly bloody ridiculous and completely defeats the purpose of buying that kind of thing in the first place.

If you're spending north of 300 bucks then you certainly are far better off getting a more accurate jacket on the secondhand market.

I'm blown away by that, that's horrific.

jerome35

That's utterly bloody ridiculous and completely defeats the purpose of buying that kind of thing in the first place.

If you're spending north of 300 bucks then you certainly are far better off getting a more accurate jacket on the secondhand market.

I'm blown away by that, that's horrific.

Yeah, a pity, all my orders with ATF ended like that... :( And according to July 1st changes in EU regulations, it will go worst and worst.

Smithy

Yeah, a pity, all my orders with ATF ended like that... :( And according to July 1st changes in EU regulations, it will go worst and worst.

I agree Jerome. I've bought a bit from ATF and loved all of it but even the last time I ordered back in late 2019 (for a parka and a pair of Gamaschen) the shipping was more than I'd paid in the past and getting towards WTF levels. And that's aside of the import taxes.

Smithy

Well, its done now.
It better bloody well fit.

That's the spirit Brett, you're just going to have to bite the bullet on this one. We've all been there and done similar.

It's a shame you had to be the guinea pig but it effectively shows other punters that buying one of these B-10s or B-15s if you're in the UK or Europe that it's a total waste of time now. When I bought mine back in 2017 they worked out to be far, far cheaper hence why I bought two. I wouldn't buy one now unless I was in the States.

Far better options than these for those outside the States if you're paying over $300.