• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF's 'new' B-10 & B-15 are now available

CBI

they look pretty darn good and certainly an excellent price point. Looking forward to seeing some fit pics. My more responsible side is holding up but I might cave, hopefully by then they will be out of my size!

MaydayWei

Here they are folks, looking good.
Trigger pulled on a B-10 size Medium (same as my Tanker).
What are your thoughts?

But you already have that lovely, lovely ELC B-10! ;)

Adama36

was never a big fan of ATF's jacket. Got one of their N1 jacket a couple of years ago and sold it a couple of weeks later.
the collar and lining's fur looked/felt like some sort of cheap fuzzy teddy bear and the outside shell was clearly not as sturdy and well finished as the real N1 jacket I own.

WingAndaPrayer

They look nice. I absolutely love my FiveStar B10. I wonder how they stack up to each other. I’m too big for the off the rack size ATF jacket. So I guess it will always be conjecture. Unless they do a custom size which I was told they do not.

Smithy

the collar and lining's fur looked/felt like some sort of cheap fuzzy teddy bear and the outside shell was clearly not as sturdy and well finished as the real N1 jacket I own.

That might be so with the N1 but with one of those ATF B-10s I have built a verandah, restored a boat, broken and pulled up a concrete floor and demolished a cottage. It's sturdy AF.

Adama36

this N1 ATF I am talking about would have probably been sturdy enough to build a veranda but the fabric could not positively be compared to the heavy canvas of the original - Same thing with the lining.
B10 and B15 are completely different beasts in term of fabric, so they might be OK

Smithy

this N1 ATF I am talking about would have probably been sturdy enough to build a veranda but the fabric could not positively be compared to the heavy canvas of the original - Same thing with the lining.
B10 and B15 are completely different beasts in term of fabric, so they might be OK

Then perhaps considering this thread is about their B-10s (and B-15s), a comparison with their N1 is kind of redundant.

Like I said I'd done more in one of them than I imagine most customers would do in them and it came through with flying colours, even carrying jagged, sharp concrete after jackhammering a floor, and demolishing a cottage with nails, broken glass and shattered wood.

Still going strong too.

Adama36

My point was that, based on my experience with some of their repro jackets, I have some concerns or apprehensions about their B10 and B15 jackets . That's it.

Smithy

My point was that, based on my experience with some of their repro jackets, I have some concerns or apprehensions about their B10 and B15 jackets . That's it.

You said above you'd had one N1 from them. This thread is about a different jacket.

Fair enough if you didn't like it but this is all a bit like someone saying they're getting an ELC B-3 and someone piping up saying that they'd had one of their A-2s and didn't like it.

As I said I've had 2 of their B-10s and they are excellent for what they are. I've also got one of their Wehrmacht Sumpftarn parkas which I use for manual labour when the temperature is below 0 but that's irrelevant to this discussion for exactly the same reason.